BASS BARN banner

Fishing Reports Oct. 1 - Oct. 31

8K views 62 replies 13 participants last post by  CapeMayRay 
#1 ·
October is here. A definite chill in the air, leaves will start to turn & many will be torn from deciding to fish or sit in a tree stand for bow season & I suppose some will be in a duck blind. October never had enough days for me. I hope to see some glowing reports & I hope the weather helps you also. I made a last trip around here before we head back to the Keys-tomorrow. George & I launched at Port Canaveral to work the channel buoys for tripletail. I have never got one on the fly & thought this would be the day. Well--- Lot of looking, casting & very little catching. Other than a couple of cero mackeral & one encounter with a smallish shark we struck out. Lots of bait & decent seas. Nice few hours on the water. We were not the only ones watching the bait.

Have a great month & catch bunches of fish.

See less See more
#61 · (Edited)
With the waters now in the up 50's the striper action has picked up. we are seeing more and more of the migratory bass mixed in with the resident fish. They seem to be cleaner and fatter than the local fish as they have probably been feeding good on the way down and many have sea lice on them. Keeper size bass are still at a premium and few and far between and hopefully in the next few weeks we will see some of the better size fish before most of the bait leaves our back bay areas. Clousers and popping flies have been working well and worked again tonight with the water 57 to 58 degrees, but the popping fly days will be fewer and fewer as the water cools down.

#63 ·
Yea Ron, Just hope we see some Big Bass cruising around our beach fronts or back bays. I have been busy burning the candle at both ends. October has flown by. There just aren't enough days in a month or hours in a day. Between doing the fishing charters, getting out myself and freshwater fishing on the days that it is too windy or nasty to fish in the boat, the time is just flying by. This weekend when they turn back the clocks makes it even worse as there will be less daylight. Even though the fishing picks up the cold weather and more heavy wind days take some of the fun out. And night fishing becomes more of an endurance sport. Been also playing with my new remote control sailboats as they can be sailed in winds up to about 30 mph when it is too bad to fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.