What about the Power Plant? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What about the Power Plant?

ray, my brother and i nicknamed a spot on middle torch key (right next to little torch) "cuda cove". we went there looking for bones, but had nonstop action on pretty good size cudas. we started with shrimp, and then moved over to long chartreuse and orange flies. very long, sort of like needlefish. great spot, and a good hard bottom, which is somewhat unusual for the lower keys. this was on the gulf side.

on the atlantic side, bottom fishing is the name of the game. hawks channel is just offshore, and you never know what you'll catch there. that's where i got the 5 - 6 foot reef shark on a 9 wt. with a popper.

also, it will be a bit early, but try the bridges at night for tarpon. there are some year round resident tarpon that hang in the shadow lines.

lots of opportunity down there. that's the windy time of year, but you can still find plenty of places to fish on the lee side of the mangroves.

have fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

My buddy is leaving the end of January and trailering my boat down so he can use it. He has rented a house for a month. I hope to get down to Fla. some time in February and will fish with him for a few days atleast. By that time he should know a few good spots. I have never been to the keys before and am looking forward to it. By that time of year I will be really ready to catch anything. Will also fish with my brother in Palm Bay, which is about half way down the state. He gets largemouth and snook behind his house and trout in the Indian River so I should be alright. He also has a neighbor who likes to fly fish so I should get some local knowledge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in