Cape May Beach Report
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cape May Beach Report

Been walking one end of the beach to the other end with my wife last couple of mornings. Ocean front is dead. Yesterday the high tide line was frozen like concrete with ice on the rock jetties and today just ice on the jetties. No signs of life, even the seagulls were huddled on the beach. No crowds and the cold sure wakes you up. Got to keep in shape for next years fishing season. Did see a couple of guys surf fishing on the way back, but didn't get to talk to them. Only saw one boat a 50ft viking running up and down the beach. Think it was a engine test run, didn't see any rods and they were going up and back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Thanks alot Ray...Now I can really enjoy the upcoming shows, seminars, and tying season that is fast among us!
    Do what it takes to catch fish!

Cool

It is 5* right now. Time to go back to bed... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it...
    I am haunted by waters" -Norman Maclean

"Bill, strange things are afoot at the Circle-K" - Ted "Theodore" Logan

The more you learn, the less you really know...
    think about that

Ecclesiastes 10:2
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
    but the heart of the fool to the left.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

It was 12 degrees this morning on our walk. Even the seagulls were smart enought to find some place warm. Didn't walk too long on the beach, with the wind blowing it was dam cold. We had to go where the houses blocked some of the wind. You could say it was alittle slow down town this morning and there were lots of prime parking spaces. I can't walk along the beach with my wife during the summer. Each jetty and bait swirl, or bird working would make me feel like I should be fishing. It is nice to know there are no distractions, but you better believe if I saw something, I would be sprinting back to the house for a rod.

It is a perfect day for catching up, going to wallpaper a bathroom in the house I am fixing up and then come back and tie some flies for the club meeting and a few for myself. Maybe some green and white jiggies in honor of the E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] I can call it my Fly Eagles Fly.

Smile

Ray,
    I'm laughing like hell here! I was thinking about the flys to tie for the meeting, and I thought let me make something up in Eagles colors and also calling it a Fly Eagles fly. LMAO I was going to do either Clousers or Jiggies. I guess "great" minds think alike.

Tom, hope no one makes Cheesehead flys. They won't catch anything but seagulls. I hope you got the expressed written consent from the NFL to make your flies like I did.

Looks like from here on in it will be the same report day after day. It was cold and calm. Could see all the way to Delaware. No boats, no fishermen, no shoebies, no tourists, just cold. You are not missing anything at the shore, so enjoy tying in the warmth of indoors cause it will be a long winter.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in