Teeny night line - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teeny night line

Matt:
    I like a floater, as long as I am fishing topwater (and ONLY topwater!)
    Intermediate fits most other situations best.
    SciAnglers...well, is not very good in our cooler water.
    I have much experience with Teeny and actually test some of their prototype lines before production. Although grey is not clear, their Lefty Kreh Pro series intermediate is very supple and lays flat in the basket most always.
    I use an AirFlo VersaTip shooting head system on one of my 10wts. It performs very well.

If your casting is very good, then overlining a rod will SLOW the action of the rod down. It will dampen the fast tip, and make poor timing more forgiving. This is not a bad idea for a newer caster. But IT WILL change the timing of your cast considerably! It will also make a high performance model cast like a low end rod.
    At an SJCFA meeting last year, Steve Farrar did a bit of an experiment as I was casting on the lawn. I was casting a 10wt Sage RPLXI (very high end, very fast rod). He and others critiqued my tight loop and minimal arm movements.
    We took the reel off, and put it on a 5wt(I believe) RedBone rod (low end)....
    He pointed out how, automaticly, I adjusted to the MUCH slower rod, but still threw a reasonable loop and long distance....How did this happen?
    My arm immediatedly felt the overload of the rod and let my arm drift W A Y back...Loaded it slowly and drifted it way to the front....
    Every rod has it's "sweet spot", and unless we know EXACTLY what series blank, we can only quess what will cast well. Put it in the hands of an accomplished caster, and watch what happens. Sometimes, you can see your rod do things that you never knew could happen!
    Shock waves ruin casts. Picking up a loose line meanes an extra false cast. There are many ways for a cast to fall apart....A few lessons and practice will cure that, for sure!
    Do what it takes to catch fish!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Thaks Guys! I'd really like to catch up with you all at one of your mettings but Tuesdays are really tough for me
    What if I die and the wife sells all my fishing and hunting equiptment for what I told her I paid for it????

Theres only so much we can do in the net !
    Do what it takes to catch fish!

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

What if I die and the wife sells all my fishing and hunting equiptment for what I told her I paid for it????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in