1st fish on the fly
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1st fish on the fly

Smile

ren, Forgot to tell you that I got my first fish with the rod and fly you gave me, fished the Higbee's jetty got a 18-20 inch striper in close but it took me pretty far off. Quite an adventure for an old spinning tackle guy--I might be hooked but need practice--lessons in casting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I guess you were fishing for herring due to the closed season. What about the ice? Earlier this week it was loaded with ice.

Are you REN's Dad?
    Do what it takes to catch fish!

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

go ahead renpop I've caught a few as a by-product fishing for herring. BTW Welcome to the barn. Ron
    Ron Conner
    MODERATOR SALT WATER FLY FISHING FORUM
    release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough. Sparse

I caught the fish 2or 3 sunday's ago, we had that warm spell and no ice yet. I was actually just trying out the rod and reel my son gave me for a birthday present, so any fish caught was a big surprise and bonus although,I have had a lot of luck off that jetty in the past using floats and bloodworms-- even though you needed a second mortgage to afford them this year. I guess that answers the question about the dad also.

I fish with REN very often. I am sure you are very proud of your sons ability to find fish. He's a lot of fun to fush with, but I am sure that you know that!
    Do what it takes to catch fish!

Welcome RenPop. I live in Cape May and like to fish the point and ferry jetties. Hope to see you out there some day. You probalbly had one of the last days of open water, now we all have to wait awhile. Talked to you son at our SJCFA table at Sommerset. Hope he gave you some of his decievers too. Hope you get them good this year and looking forward to reading some fishy posts this spring.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in