Reports Feb/1-Feb/28
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reports Feb/1-Feb/28

Hey It's Feb. already. Hope some of you can get out this month. I can remember perch fishing with the fly in the not too distant past, also catching stripers, by accident, at the power plant. It can be done. Ron
    Ron Conner
    MODERATOR SALT WATER FLY FISHING FORUM
    release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough. Sparse

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Another beautiful day, launched around 9AM went towards the Contents again. After cast netting a well full of pichards we tried the deeper water near some coral heads. Grouper & snappers are getting larger but still not large enough. Getting better. Ron
    Ron Conner

Sparse, on the way to the Atlantic City Boat show I went past your summer fishing grounds. Looked almost fishy except for the snow and sleet. Couldn't help thinking back to my trip to the keys last year at this time. Hope you are enjoying every minute. Get a big one.

[ 02-05-2005, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: CapeMayRay ]

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Recently, had several good days in the back & on the reef. Had some huge jacks on the fly, better snappers & groupers & today we invited a gag back for dinner. 24ft of water, towards the Gulf. Ron
    Ron Conner

Ron, good stuff. It sounds like you're having a good time. I'm jealous. I love the Gulf side behind Cudjoe. We actually got into a school of blues one day when we ran about 18 miles off to a small reef. Great time. We also used to fish a nice hole that went to about 30 feet about three miles south of the blimps. Lots of grouper and yellowtails in there. A few wanted to go home and join us for dinner. They were delicious. I can't wait to get back down there. I'm going to have to go and visit my stepdad very soon.

Ron sorry to post here but just wanted to let you know I went out the last day of flintlock at 430 am on my way to the stand, they were there to say GOOOODMOOORNING!!!!!! I think there nocturnal,Oh well...Spent the day in a PA tree(sorry to steal your line)But I did watch the BIGGEST red headed wood peckers I have ever seen drilling into the frozen trees within 20 yards of my stand all day!Tough way to get a meal.After i came down, before freezing to death,I went to the range and had the 50 yard target all to my self.Put up a paper plate,and 8 rounds later I counted 8 holes.Just wanted to say be safe,have one for me,and thankyou again.
    Gaff in the head doesen`t mean your in the boat!

Doyle Thanks for the insight. I know a deep hole North, I'll be looking forward to finding the one to the South. Make sure you make yourself known if coming down.

Reelquick Come on this board anytime. Sounds like a good day, too bad they didn't come back. Next year!!! Ron

[ 02-11-2005, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: sparse grey ]
    Ron Conner

Thank`s for making a guy feel welcomed.I still have an 7 wt. orvis in the truck that I never leave home without.
    Gaff in the head doesen`t mean your in the boat!

More of the same this week. Water in mid 60's Hit the motherload of Mangro Snappers yesterday. Had a pretty decent hammerhead on the fly 2 days ago. Hope some of you are getting out. Ron
    Ron Conner

YELLOWTAILS They call them flags. My first time out to American Shoal about 7 miles off the beach, 85Ft of water, 75 degree water & you could see structure on the bottom, yes 85ft. Had many 3-4lb tails but they never got close enough to fly for them but I think that will happen. This area just gets better. Wife & I saw 4 or 5 tarpon yesterday but didn't get a shot. Ron
    Ron Conner

Ron, American Shoal is a great spot. We'd spend days there every time I was down. One year, at about this time, we were out there in about 30 feet of water, and we had sailfish jumping close to the boat. I couldn't believe that they would come into water that shallow, but i guess with deeper water so close by, it didn't bother them.

I'm glad someone's catching fish, especially one of the most delicious kinds of fish.

Inside American today with a local. Hard structure just inside 40 ft. Never have seen the water this clear. 75degrees & very flat conditions. We had yellowtail, mangrove snapper, cero mackeral-some on the fly which was a hoot & a LARGE grouper. Water was so clear we could see the grouper bite. Sent a picture to C.M.Ray who I hope will post. Ron
    Ron Conner

Ron, I will look for the picture. Sounds like life is good. Don't see it on my email.

Ray I did sent on your e-mail. Where should I send??Ron
    Ron Conner

Somehow I never got it Ron. Try and resend it to [email protected]. I should get it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in