Fishing Reports December 1 - December 31
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Fishing Reports December 1 - December 31

Default Fishing Reports December 1 - December 31

Turkey day has come & gone and Christmas will soon be here. Let me be the first, on here, to wish you a Blessed MERRY CHRISTMAS. I do & will continue to keep Christ in Christmas. Enjoying your reports & hoping they continue. I talked with someone around Atlantic City today & he has been catching off the beach under birds. Hope your fishing season continues.
    Ron Conner
    MODERATOR SALT WATER FLY FISHING FORUM
    release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough. Sparse

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you as well.

Hoping to get out a few more times this year, if I can. I'm not ready to hang it up just yet.

If not, I'll be prepping for next year. I always want to tie up a bunch over winter but never do. Planning to change that this time around, but time will tell. And maybe this time around I'll get the skiff in the water. So many things to fix, so little time and $$...

Hi guys, it has been awhile since I have made any reports. The day after the elections, my wife and I headed off to Disney World. It was going to be our Christmas Gift to the family. We had a great time and the grand kids had the time of their lives. Well that was all the good stuff. Day after I got home I was sitting on sofa and felt a lot of tension between my shoulders. Around midnight I went upstairs and told my wife to call 911, I just did not feel right. (little back round) Always had a small heart murmor. Each year get stress test, ultra sound and EKG and never any signs of major problems.

Bottom line is they take me to Cape Regional and decided this could be a major heart problem so they chopper me over to University of Penn where they have the right people for the job. Good move as when they dumped me on the operating table my Aortic Artory blew out in a major way and they went straight in to do open heart surgery. They worked on me for 4 days lost me 4 or 5 times,but some how I kept fighting back. Bottom line is that I survived and in good shape. (only about 10 percent make it.) It was that bad.

Doing pretty well and will probably be heading home some time this week. Going to be a fairly slow recovery but feel good about making it back. Thanks for all the support, prayers and well wishes from all those who knew what was going on. Very weird experience when you are going it. but looks like I get a new lease on life and hope to be close to normal by spring, aw only the strong survive and only the good die young.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

rob

Ray,

Consider yourself blessed, very close call and praying for a good recovery!

Take it easy, get well!

Rob

------------

Rob

Ray,
    You are a lucky man! Get well soon. Look forward to fishing with you in the future.

Wow, glad you made it through that. Sounds incredible and terrifying at the same time. Yikes!

You still have plenty of fish to catch. Get better quickly!

Good luck, Ray. Given this perspective, lousy fishing doesn't look so bad!

Get well soon.

Hang in there with today's Dr's and medicine you will be fine in no time I had bypass 15 years ago and I fish the surf and jettys quite often

turn the poachers in & stop the waste

just a little more C&R
    let fishin be fun
    KILL ONLY WHAT YOU EAT
    BUY AMERICAN
    XVlll Abn Corp 65' to 67'

never felt at any time that I was as close to death as they said I was. Long recovery but I will make it.

Wow, that is scary. So glad you pulled through. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm not a fly guy but I always enjoy reading your reports

Ray

Steve let us know what happened to you. You were the topic of discussion at the Christmas party at Northwoods. We all are pulling for you and want to see your posts come spring. You are lucky to have been in U of P when it happened.

God bless and tightlines come spring!
    Jim Warner - SJCFA

Ray, So sorry for you situation but awake-u call can be a good thing. Do everything they say in recovery & therapy. Glad you gave the report & prayers sent your way.
    Ron Conner
    MODERATOR SALT WATER FLY FISHING FORUM
    release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough. Sparse

Ray best wishes on your recovery. Glad you had the foresight to call 911.
    "Liberals claim to want to give hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery

Thanks again for all the well wishes from every one. 19 days in the hospital is about the limit one can take. Home now. I still feel really good. Now just have to rehab a bit and will go back to Penn In Jan for another follow up operation that will be much less serious and then finally recovery. They want to put in a stent in lower heart area. Can't wait to get this all over and see where the chips fall. What physical limitations I will have or restrictions. Might be the end of my chartering and other very physical stuff around the house which may cause us to make some major life style changes. Right now it feel good just to be around. I seem to get stronger every day and will have a great Christmas. Just tough to be so passive when I am use to being so active. Lucky to have so many great friends. They pulled my boat for me and will be taking gear off the boat for the winter before taking it to marina for service. Can't wait to get out fishing again. I expect to get myself back to as normal as can be as soon as possible as I am not the quitting type, even when I should know better. Thanks again everyone and have a good end of the season and great holiday. I would at least be out there freshwater fishing if I could as I know the fish would be biting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in