Fishing reports Sept. 1 - Sept. 30 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Fishing reports Sept. 1 - Sept. 30

We started out with full size 4 inch clouser flies. (two inches shorter than the blues) You would get 5 or 6 hits on most casts and our flies kept getting more and more sparse and smaller as they would get the hair chewed off them. Felt like we were fishing for sunfish in a pond. Kept hoping that maybe something decent would be around that would be feeding on the blues. I use to complain when all the the 1 to 1 1/2 lb blues were around and you couldn't get away from them. Now a days they would be considered big ones. It is really hard to get excited about fishing as there are no signs of improvement and you definitely can't take out charters with fishing this poor.

I feel like I am in the twilight zone. Keep getting charter calls asking I am seeing decent blues feeding on the bait fish coming out of the inlet or any migrating stripers yet. September use to be when everything would start up but it is now a thing of the past. Water the other day was almost 73 degrees outside the inlet at the top of the tide and there is only very small bait fish at best that nothing decent is going to expend energy to go after. Demand for fishing is there, just not the fish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

rob

very sad to hear, Ray.

------------

Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in