Fishing Reports Feb. 7-28
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sparse grey
  • 1 Post By rob

Thread: Fishing Reports Feb. 7-28

Default Fishing Reports Feb. 7-28

Check the date & I am so sorry Feb. 1 got by me. Very little fishing down here as the wind has been strong for so long. Had planned to go to my pet tarpon this dark AM, but when I got up 3:25 the wind was 18 out of the North which makes my place a little too precarious. Hoping y'all are surviving the weather & glad your Eagles won. Hello to all & lets try to chat if not read fishing reports.
    rob likes this.
    Ron Conner
    MODERATOR SALT WATER FLY FISHING FORUM
    release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough. Sparse

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

rob

Ron,

No fishing, but I've just been tying a version of what an angler on another popular site dubbed "the betsy"

working on black next
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thebetsy.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	411618  
    Don Friel likes this.

------------

Rob

Rob, flies look good. Now you have to wait for spring and hope we see some fish. I have been tying up some clousers for the upcoming season and my trip to Florida. Pretty much have been just doing clousers as everything hits them down there and the Jacks, with their teeth really do a job on flies fast.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

rob

Ray,

Hope you have a great time....post up some pics!
    I'll eventually get around to clousers, but been wanting to tie these up for a while and finally got around to it.

BTW, Loon UV thin and thick head coat is GREAT stuff. First time I tried it, and it doesn't smell as bad as most cements or epoxies.

------------

Rob

Don't know if I can post any more pictures. I use to use Photobucket and then they stopped letting you post pictures on web-sites. you could no longer have them in form that would work. You can if you pay a monthly fee, For me it is not worth the money as I post so few pictures, to make it economically work. I was using the thumb nails that the bass barn allows but the last time I tried it they said I have used my allotment and I don't see a way of deleting any of the old ones on the site. I sent a note to administrators on how to do that but never got an answer.

rob

Ray,

Hit settings on the upper right and scroll down on the left bottom to Miscelaneous -> Attachments

You can delete them there

The admins around here are like molasses in January, as my dad used to say

------------

Rob

Thanks Rob Your instructions were good. Think I was able to make room. Now all I have to do is catch some fish.

It has been good fishing behind my brothers house on Turtle Creek which flows into the Indian River. A few friend that are down a reporting just so so fishing. They are reporting some algae in the water and it is difficult at best for fish to see their fly and they are not getting the normal amount of fish. My brother keeps seeing decent size Jacks every night. They blast in chasing bait into his bulkhead. You get about 2 or 3 casts and they are gone, but come back about every 15 minutes or so. Saturday should be my first day fishing.

I finally had some decent lack of wind after dark last night. Tide was right at 11:30P.M. & as I was laying out anchor rode I could hear some takes. Frustrating trip. At 2:30 I pulled anchor & they were still active & I had NO takes. Used a 8wt & a 10 & a total of 4 flies (2 is normal for me) & other than a star filled sky & no bugs my pets did not cooperate. As the wind will be in the 20s from Sunday on, pulled the boat & will wait.
    Ron Conner

Hope all is well with all of you. Have had several trips in the last week or so. Windy but from S E so I had fairly calm water where I have been. Start of the outgoing after dark. Couple of nights with no takers but more nights with some success. Fellow from Illinois has been wanting to catch a tarpon & including last night 11 PM to 2 he has had 6 to the boat with a bunch that came loose & several bites. He was using plugs & a couple of times pinfish. Very satisfying to have him catch a few. I've been flying10 & 12wt floating wf line, 30lb tippet & my white fly, spayed hackles & spun rabbit collar, 2nd fly a black bunny zonker tail 2+ inches long with spun black rabbit collar. Both equally effective. The water was full of small bunker, 6-8 in. With the moon it was very pleasant. Taking a few nights off & when the tide gets around 3 or 4 AM will start again. Tomorrow is last day of lobster season & the plan is to go with my son for a bit in the PM just outside of KW. Hope your weather starts to get better. Good looking flies Rob. Get them wet.
    Ron Conner

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in