Fishing Reports October - November 30
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing Reports October - November 30

Default Fishing Reports October - November 30

Hello all. Still having issues with computer access, sorry. Don't see any recent post which is sad because the fall season should be going well up there. Hopefully you will be able to get out & post some blazing reports. It is windy, for a change, in the Keys & I have only gotten out twice in the last week & 1/2. A trip to the back country, last of the incoming. Caught some seatrout on a seducer, with a handful of jacks & a ladyfish. Next day to the reef & had nice sized yellow tail snappers, & a barracuda which had been bothering us. Should be fine by Sunday so we will see. Looking forward to hearing from you guys & gals. Tight lines & and may the wind be at your back.
    Ron Conner
    MODERATOR SALT WATER FLY FISHING FORUM
    release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough. Sparse

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Hey Ron, hope all is well in Florida. Might be one of the only places in saltwater to still catch on the fly. As you can see from all the fishing reports up here, the fishing is dead. Never thought I would say it but I am glad that I pulled my boat back in early October, when I normally would pull it the first or second week of December. Boat is all cleaned up and I have not felt any regret at all. What few friends that have had their boats in have said that with the tough windy or rainy weather and the lack of any striper run, they should have done the same.

Hard to face the facts when your brain remembers all the fantastic fall fishing that we once had. On some nice days I have hit some local lakes and have found crappies that would take olive or black wooly buggers on sinking line worked slow and largemouth that would hit black popping flies in the last hour of daylight into the dark. Better than no fishing. With breathable waders the water is really starting to feel cold on the legs making fishing into the dark a little less enjoyable.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in