Any Fly Fishermen still alive and well?
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By CapeMayRay
  • 2 Post By sparse grey

Thread: Any Fly Fishermen still alive and well?

Default Any Fly Fishermen still alive and well?

Been a long time since we have seen any life. Even Ron hasn't posted any reports from down in the keys. Hope everyone who is still around has a great New Year.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I'm still here bro, hoping for a better 2019 (fish & health wise),,,,definitely wanna light a fire under my butt and do alot more long rodding this coming season. I will start posting reports again in the spring.

Let's hope we see a good fishing season in 2019. I usually get the urge to fly fish for crappie, pickerel and bass this time of year, but with the cold and high winds, I just can't get motivated. Usually can find some fish, but it is always cold (especially with the spots that I fish you need waders). Plus wet hands, letting you fly sink for 10 to 15 seconds and then having to strip painfully slow, you get cold fast. Only thing to look forward to is the fly show later this month, unless you live north and can hit some of the trout streams. The fly show is always fun. You would never guess there are that many fly anglers around until you attend the show and it is mobbed. With so few fly shops around, I use it to stock up on any things I might need during the year.
    Joey O and rob like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

rob

Still here, Ray. I'm with you on not wanting to get out in the cold, though plan to the next "warm"ish day that comes along.

Was hoping to hit the fly show this year, but think I'm going to miss it. Definitely worth it if you can make it.
    Last edited by rob; 01-11-2019 at 11:23 AM.

------------

Rob

Yea, going to the fly show really gets the juices flowing with so many like minded fisherman. With shutting down my charter fishing business I will have more time to fish for myself, even though the main reason for shutting it down was the poor fishing and not the lack of customers. At least I can pick the primest times and tides and I should be able to find a few fish. Will get down to Florida this winter and can always find action down there, plus it is nice and warm.

RAY I picked up 11 nice yellow perch the other day in the wind in Dennisville Lake
    BUCKTAIL WILLIE<br /> fishologist and master tagger A FISH IS TOO VALUABLE TO CATCH JUST ONCE MEMBER RFA,,ALS,NAFC, IGFA,,Stripers Forever ,SFEC ,Tri-State Ang. recipent of Sagamore of the Wabash (IN)
    a skillful angler must be full of humble thoughts NEW MEMBER of Ancient Mariners

I use to fish their when I was younger. Had a friend who lived over in the white house at the curve there on 47 and could park there to fish. Fire house use to let you park in their lot to fish. Don't know if they allow that. That was a long time ago in the 70's. Have been afraid to park along 47 with all the signs saying no stopping or standing a long the side of the road. There seems to be little to no access. Use to get some nice bass out of there. Thanks for the information.

Been trying to post & haven't been successful. If this posts all is well done here. doing well with seatrout & had a redfish the other day blind casting for trout with a clouser, WF 9, with sinking tip. 1/2 couple, three nights ago on tarpon, first in 3 trips.
    rob and Red Eye Nester like this.
    Ron Conner
    MODERATOR SALT WATER FLY FISHING FORUM
    release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough. Sparse

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKTAIL WILLIE View Post
    RAY I picked up 11 nice yellow perch the other day in the wind in Dennisville Lake

You catch yellow perch on a fly rod? Tell me more.....

A friend of mine once told me, that he would not go fishing, until the temperature number was the same as his age.

Supporting Vendor

I'm still here.... hopefully headed down to Pine Island in the next couple of weeks to get my core temperature back up and throw for a few days.

Stay Tuna-ed!
    Capt. Ed B.

Your "friend in the business" at TackleDirect 1-888-354-7335

On The Water Magazine South Jersey Monthly Columnist

Steelfin Die-Cut Decals & Apparel

2008 May-Craft 2300CCX
    Hydrasports 2800 Vector Twin 250 HPDI SOLD!

Marvelous Margate NJ

rob

Quote Originally Posted by fmTuna View Post
    I'm still here.... hopefully headed down to Pine Island in the next couple of weeks to get my core temperature back up and throw for a few days.
    wish I was heading down as well....

------------

Rob

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in