Fly Reels - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Fly Reels

Quote Originally Posted by Flyguy784
    Put it off till next week, might have a Cobia or big red shot for ya.
    Thats the positive spirit!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Default Pics

Bill, notice I said might! I'm hopeing for the best. First time since last year I've had to fish with my son other than a day trip here and there. We're really looking forward to it. Doing pretty good on reds down there as well. May even get out to the Chesapeake Light and try for a Spadefish.
    John Yank

Banned

Bob,

Been awhile. how are you? Finally got those pics back of the big brown with the COLTON fly reel in the pic, it looks awesome, I gotta figure out how to post em on here and I will

Been up to CT/RI fishin? Actually, I think you are there now

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy T
    Bob,

Been awhile. how are you? Finally got those pics back of the big brown with the COLTON fly reel in the pic, it looks awesome, I gotta figure out how to post em on here and I will

Been up to CT/RI fishin? Actually, I think you are there now
    I have been dying to see that picture.

My buddy Wild Bill got a 14# striper on my reel in Naragansett yesterday and said he got a picture too. Said the reel handled him beautifully!

Tim just email the picture to me and I'll post it for you. I'm gonna want a copy anyway.

[email protected]

Tight lines, Bob

Oh yeah, I was suppose to be fishing now but NOAA blew me out last minute. Was planning on just fly fishing and 15-20 with gusts to 25 are no good

Anglers Edge Marine
    Proud Sponsors Of The Bass Barn!

Banned

I'll email it to you right now

Here is Timmy's big trout on my Colton 3/4. Awesome picture that with no doubt be in the catalog!! Nice work Tim

Attachment 3798
    Last edited by foulhook; 10-24-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Anglers Edge Marine

Banned

I can't take credit for that, my dad caught that fish

Beautiful fish, great photo, good job. I know Bob will appreciate it. Hey Bob, introduced myself to Wild Bill on TF. I may be running the shore line at IBSP this Sunday. Trying to get you a good pic as well. Heard they been getting some piggy's up there lately. I'll send you an E when I have some time, about the river runner. Got a few ideas. Might trade it in on a new 215 triumph center, still unsure. Mom says hi.
    John Yank

Quote Originally Posted by Flyguy784
    Beautiful fish, great photo, good job. I know Bob will appreciate it. Hey Bob, introduced myself to Wild Bill on TF. I may be running the shore line at IBSP this Sunday. Trying to get you a good pic as well. Heard they been getting some piggy's up there lately. I'll send you an E when I have some time, about the river runner. Got a few ideas. Might trade it in on a new 215 triumph center, still unsure. Mom says hi.
    Yeah, Bill told me. He is finishing up in Naragansett today. They had a tough time with the wind but stuck it out anyway. Fortunately for me they changed the forecast before I left and saved me the drive.

Bill said he did get a 14lber on the Colton that gave him a nice run on the reel. Said he'll post the pic when he gets home.

If you're going with another Triumph its a good time to visit Gander MT up my way. They were carrying them until Johnny Morris dump 55Million in Gander. Now nothing but Tracker showing up and they are trying to clear out the Triumph boats.

Bill runs a 23 Parker just like the rest of my fishing buds. I'll still take my cat on those rough days over the 23 Parker personally. Pretty boat though. Might want to give Northcoast a gander they would be on my short list. Maycraft is probably the best boat for the money right now..

Buzz be when you get some time.

Tight lines, Bob

Anglers Edge Marine

Got to see a Jim Warner's new reel at the SJCFA meeting last night. Was very impressed. Excellent quaility and super smooth action. I was impressed and think it is great value. Everyone else liked it too. I believe it will fish as good as it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by CapeMayRay
    Got to see a Jim Warner's new reel at the SJCFA meeting last night. Was very impressed. Excellent quaility and super smooth action. I was impressed and think it is great value. Everyone else liked it too. I believe it will fish as good as it looks.
    Thanks Ray! Glad to hear some of the guys got to see it as well. It does fish well and at the price I let go for to my boys in the barn I don't think there is a better value. BTW Working on a new reel for my lineup. Should be interesting. Still a while before I have anything to show though.

As for the exsisting Colton reel. It does fish well. Here are two pics from Monday this week. The 14lb striper was caught in a heavy rip and was on the reel in a cuple seconds. Drag was wonderful!!

Attachment 3891
    Attachment 3892
    Last edited by foulhook; 10-24-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Anglers Edge Marine

Hi Bob - what changes are you planning for the upcoming reel "encore"?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie
    Hi Bob - what changes are you planning for the upcoming reel "encore"?
    Not really any changes to the current reel. The new reel will have similar looks but almost completely different internal workings. Spool will wrap the reel so that it can be palmed. I know that personally I don't set the drag until I hook up with a fish that will need it. I usually palm until I can match the drag to the pressure from my hand. Other than that you will have to wait to find out the rest.

The CRII reels will be more money and just ever so slightly heavier than the current CR series. I am also working with Stan Pleskunas on another little project. We had a long converstion on the phone today. It's something that the guys fishing from a boat will be interested in.

Tight lines, Bob

Anglers Edge Marine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in