Help replacing trailer bearings?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help replacing trailer bearings?

I am one of the most unhandy guys alive:so I need to find a place or person that does bearing replacement.

Even though I live in SE PA,I'm over in South Jersey at least once or twice a week--so SJ also works for me

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Tom

"When I'm not AFISHN,I'm a huntin'..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

tom,
    it is a fairly easy and straightforward job, don't really have to be too handy. do you have a 2 or 4 wheel trailer? Brakes?

all you need is a few simple hand tools and some type of parts cleaner, the bearings probably aeren't bad. i always re-pack mine yearly, new seals and clean/replace bearing buddy's as needed. eastern marine in newark de does the work i believe, but anyplace that sells trailers, even storage , lawn & garden types ought to do the work.

harry
    The only thing worse than an illegal immigrant is the American that hires him....

If guns cause crime, all of mine must be defective. - Ted Nugent

Tom, as Dixie said, it's really a simple DIY with minimal tools... feel free to shoot me an email with questions and I'd be happy to give a call to walk you through it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Tom,
    I live 30 min south of you. Bring the trailer over and I'll do it in exchange for a fishing trip. If the trailer is to far gone I might be able to get up there, but would be easyer for me to do it at my house.Email me if this suits you.
    Gary
    HOOKED UP

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in