Coast Guard - Barnegat Inlet
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coast Guard - Barnegat Inlet

Default Coast Guard - Barnegat Inlet

Just a warning guys out of Barnegat Inlet. Coast Guard has been pretty aggressive in watching that you keep your speed down around the barge when men are working. Weekends no work gets done so no worries but during the week, slow down.
    I did throttle down and the Coast Guard still pulled me over to suggest I slow down further.... It's kinda tough to keep control in the outgoing.
    Last edited by fishdaily; 09-30-2014 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Wrong term

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

been that way all summer
    Misguided
    21' Boston Whaler Outrage

Beach Haven Charter Fishing Association http://bhcfa.net/

Thanks for the update man I go out of that inlet all the time good to know

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

LBI

Also, note that State Police have had an unusually big presence in and around BI recently. In fact, sneaky b.. are using unmarked jet skiis/waverunners to patrol. They r using a blue and a red jet ski/waverunner. U would never identify as State Police until they r right upon you, wearing small state police badges on their shoulders. The jet skiis have no markings whatsoever. They simply have too much money and R looking to screw boaters IMO. Not sure if it is State Police or fish and wildlife, but they r surreptitiously riding around on these things looking for infractions. Other morning I was passing through inlet, saw a blue waverunner, cutting in front of me. He gave way, ultimately, and as I approached, could see him in a winter gear bulky suit, with badge on his shoulder. He gave me a dirty stare, but did not stop me.

Quote Originally Posted by LBI View Post
    Also, note that State Police have had an unusually big presence in and around BI recently. In fact, sneaky b.. are using unmarked jet skiis/waverunners to patrol. They r using a blue and a red jet ski/waverunner. U would never identify as State Police until they r right upon you, wearing small state police badges on their shoulders. The jet skiis have no markings whatsoever. They simply have too much money and R looking to screw boaters IMO. Not sure if it is State Police or fish and wildlife, but they r surreptitiously riding around on these things looking for infractions. Other morning I was passing through inlet, saw a blue waverunner, cutting in front of me. He gave way, ultimately, and as I approached, could see him in a winter gear bulky suit, with badge on his shoulder. He gave me a dirty stare, but did not stop me.
    Kinda rediculous, its a money grab directed at boaters....if they are on a detail why not just make their presence known....you know like a cop at an intersection or on patrol of a general area, just being visible still allows them to do their job, stop people for obvious infractions and keeps things in general order. Why the need to go incognito....one reason ane one reason only....$$$$$$

Easy to call it a money grab, and it very well may be, but has anyone heard of a bunch of cheap shot tickets being issued?
    To my bitches - - - PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP!! --- Get used to it.

Proud to be an original member of the "Band of Useless Idiots"

Well as far as I am concerned that's fine you should be legal anyway BUT WTF all summer dealing with nit wits and now they want to go undercover they could have made a ton of money AND DUI s along with it !!!

They are the best. I had a trooper in front of me, coming into the channel at Barnegat municipal dock. He was in an inflatable. There was a piling in the channel partially submerged and clearly stuck in the bottom. He motored passed it, I saw him turn his head and look at the piling. On the way home I called the Barnegat Light Coast Guard to report it. They called back the next day to clarify my report and make a advisory of the hazard. During the conversation I asked if anyone else had called, none did not even the trooper. If their job was for safety, they would have called, IMO

LBI

It is just ridiculous. I typically see CG, State police in the inflatable black RIB, and now these bozos on unmarked wave runners, all within the same 10 minute trip to the inlet. Talk about overkill. Govt has too much of our money as evidenced by their redundancy. I could understand if there was some sort of terror watch, etc. But I have witnessed above for the past 2 months out by BI inlet. They have nothing to do but bust boaters. Big Gov't at its worst. They should be walking the BI jetty and checking for short fish being kept by multiple individuals, certain group most prevalent. I see it, but by the time I call F & G, the people take off. The park rangers with their white shirts sit on their butts and never check for shorts. Guess it is not their job. I have never observed F & W out there. Why not?

I agree they need to keep an eye out for people drinking. You have no clue how many times I've seen someone with a beer in their hand while driving the boat... I see it every time I look in my mirror........(kidding)

Sounds normal to me. In Florida we have the local PD, Sheriff Depts, CG and Border Patrol all on the water at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish4me View Post
    Kinda rediculous, its a money grab directed at boaters....if they are on a detail why not just make their presence known....you know like a cop at an intersection or on patrol of a general area, just being visible still allows them to do their job, stop people for obvious infractions and keeps things in general order. Why the need to go incognito....one reason ane one reason only....$$$$$$
    Did U ever wounder how they CAN stop a boat without JUST CAUSE, when they CAN'T stop a car without JUST CAUSE ???
    Tom B

Safety inspection lets them do a body cavity search if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
    Did U ever wounder how they CAN stop a boat without JUST CAUSE, when they CAN'T stop a car without JUST CAUSE ???
    The U.S. Coast Guard Boarding Policy:

Title 14 section 89 of the United States Code authorizes the U.S. Coast Guard to board vessels subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, anytime, any place upon the high seas and upon any waterway over which the United States has jurisdiction, to make inquires, examinations, inspections, searches, seizures, and arrests. The U.S. Coast Guard does not require a warrant to conduct search, seizures, arrests over any United States Waterway or high seas. The U.S. Coast Guard also have full legal law enforcement power on any land under the control of the United States, as needed to complete any mission.

Here's a pretty interesting article that talks about boarding policy, how it is rooted in antiquated law, whether it should still be upheld, and what some of the historical court decisions and legal opinions on the matter have been. I remember initially looking this up after learning in the Safety Course that there wasn't any justification needed for searches, and the massive penalties for attempting to deny a boarding.

http://www.sailfeed.com/2012/10/coas...rights-part-1/

“Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you'll have him buying gear for a lifetime."

2004 Hydra Sports 230WA
    "calAmity"

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish4me View Post
    Maybe ,but that'll only work when their there.When their not there,people will going flying through there just like always.It got to the point where I hate to go out on the weekends because of all the idiots disregarding the rules of the road.If you obey rules and drive responsibly you've got nothing to worry about.

Practice catch and release

Support the Billfish Foundation
    Former member JumpingJoe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in