Starter boat shopping questions. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Starter boat shopping questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Phil View Post
    We just got in a boat that would be perfect for you. 17 Carolina Skiff with a 2013 50hp Yamaha 4 Stroke. Trailer too. Great starter boat you could trailer and store in your garage. $7500.
    I'll send you and EMAIL asking about THIS boat!

I don't know what I want, but I'll know it when I see it!
    You cannot fix stupid, proof "Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and higher education positively fortifies it (Stephen Vizinczey)"!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by riperoo View Post
    Hey all, poking around the idea of picking up a small boat, starter boat per se, I have a place in Cape May NJ and would like to get out and explore the bays, crabbing, some fishing, really like to try some fly fishing in the back bays, like something small, 16 to 20 max, trailerable, if it can fit in my garage in the winter, that would be a big bonus. The gamut of used out there is pretty overwhelming. Like to get any and all input on suggestions. Background on me, approaching retirement age, never owned other than canoes and kayaks, been on charter boats and rentals, so been exposed, but don't even consider myself an amatauer. Like to be around the $10k level, unless you all tell me that going new is the way to go. Like to hear anything, good and bad, don't pull any punches, the good, the bad and the ugly!!! TIA
    FYI....there is a 19 ft Carolina Skiff w/ 90 yammie & trolling motor on CL for about $12K located near Corson's inlet.

Have the CS 17 JVX (narrow beam) with 60 HP Merc 4 stroke. Fish, bar hop and take kids tubing. Boat is bulletproof except ....... no scuppers all water pumps from bilge. If slipping make sure some one is around to watch after it. I have seen it sitting low on camera and had to run over and check why it was not pumping. Don't even feel it when trailering (trailer weighs more the boat)
    Good luck.
    Strathmere

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in