2019 DE River Reports - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 2019 DE River Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Tom View Post
    No, I had heart surgery bypass. Cracked my chest open. It's been a year and my torso cramps up and still hurts, lol.
    Oh ! Sorry to hear that happened to you , get well soon so you can fish and live life more comfortable . ME , I have 2 shoulder rotator cuff problems .
    Marine Tom likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Water Temp off my dock on Darby creek was 48. Mud Flats are exposed to direct sun tomorrow and Sat. Out going should bring the temps up a little...
    Legal Reform
    Reduce the numbers of Lawyers in Public Office

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

Skunking hard this past week and today so far. Im away for work all week next week so its pretty much guaranteed to turn on then.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by robnj88 View Post
    Skunking hard this past week and today so far. I’m away for work all week next week so it’s pretty much guaranteed to turn on then.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to get out there now
    live everyday as if it was your last, it just might be

Fished Friday after work and Saturday morning. Fished in usual location from the NJ side up near the DMB. Friday fished with a bunch of guys and four of us had a half dozen shorts and a few cattys. Fished the high tide from 430PM to almost 10PM - felt good to be fishing the river again.

Saturday morning I fished solo and arrived just before high tide and fished until I ran out of jumbos. Action was fast as I landed over a dozen short stripers with the biggest going 24". For a brief moment I thought I may have one to take home but she was way short! No cats on Saturday, just schoolies but they were aggressive and fun. Had to drop down to fishing one rod as I mowed thru a dozen + bloods in no time. Sun was out, wind was calm and the fish were snapping. Dam, it was good to fish the river again. Buddy fished Sunday in same area and had decent action on schoolies in the a.m. before wind came up.

Looks like Thursday after work will be the next opportunity - low tide fishing this week after work and maybe the end of the out will provide warmer water and bigger fish???? Probably fish high on Saturday afternoon and Sunday, we shall see.

Did see a photo of a couple keeps from down at Elsinboro so a few big ones are out there already. Good luck ya all!
    The Tog Father"Proud Member of Team Flambe"

Thanks for the report togfather! Glad action is picking up..

Fished south of DMB from 5PM to 9PM - very end of the tide and the swing. Steady action again on shorties up to 22" on jumbos with a few cats mixed in. Caught 11 ones with stripes. Back for high tide on Saturday and maybe a afternoon shot on Sunday if I can find decent bloods

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019 bass 1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	432681Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019 bass 2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	432683And sooooo it begins! our 2019 season got off to a great start yesterday on the outgoing tide,! Nice 34'' and 39''... Shhhhh their here!!
    barnaby and Hardtop like this.

Name:	bass 3.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	432759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass 4.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	432761Couple more Fatty's from the weekend! one over 30 pounds
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass 3.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	432757  
    familyguy6007 likes this.

Fished Saturday afternoon up near DMB - had the last hour of the in and a good 3+ hours of the out before I headed home. No bite until a good hour and a half after high and then the dinner bell rang. Had decent action on shorts with a couple that required the net - but nothing over 25". All on bloods. No perch and no cats. Wind was light and sun was nice.

Back at it Sunday but this time I showed about an hour after high. Plenty of people in my honey hole on Sunday as the park was packed with people trying. Bought ****ty worms but still had a few jumbos left over from Saturday as I figured the bite would be hot...not so much until a good 2 hours after high and started to catch some schoolies. Landed a monster blue cat - had to be 15 lbs....when it hit I thought OK - good one but then the dreaded roll on top told me it was a river chicken! A little while later, got a good whack and a real good pull of some drag and landed my biggest so far - right around 26". Bite died out around 515 and I rolled at 530PM. Probably landed close to 15 fish between Sat and Sun but no big girls yet. I did hear of a few good ones down by DOD and even one 38" up near my spot so things should heat up with the warm weather. Back at it Wed at high tide.

Catch um up!

TF

Damn Chum Stain is tearing it up!!! I went out a bit further up the river at the West Deptford ramp and anchored in 6-9 ft of water on the Jersey side. Slow pick, went 4 for 8 with those damn circle hooks..... 3 cats and a baby striper. It was glass calm all Saturday on the river.

Took the day off today and finally shook the skunk. The stripers were chewing most of the incoming tide today. Nothing over about 24 but had fish on almost every cast for awhile. Looked like pretty similar results for the others around me as well.
    familyguy6007 and Dogface like this.

Rob - they getting any big ones down your way? Saw some photos of a few nice ones with a familiar beat up fence in the back ground All shorts up in Pennsville but I heard of big girl caught a low over the weekend but did not see so who knows. Last year the big ones did not hit until May so who knows when. One way to find out...............

Name:	19 bass.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	432779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19 bass 1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	432781Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19 bass 2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	432783Nothing huge.. But they were snapping last night on the outgoing.. Landed 6 fish in a few hours..

Is anyone catching stripers in the river on bunker or anything other than bloodworms? I've been fishing bloods on the river for years and never have any luck on them.... My only two keeper size fish on the river have been on bunker chunks 2 and 3 years back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in