Salt Water Licence
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Salt Water Licence

Default Salt Water Licence

Everyone have their new salt water licenses? Don't shoot me; I'm just the messenger. www.countmyfish.noaa.gov
    Now if they could stop the Japanese from sucking up everything from Sea Cucumbers to Whales, the oceans may stand a chance.
    I can hear the police man now, "ignorance is no excuse".

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RKane View Post
    Everyone have their new salt water licenses? Don't shoot me; I'm just the messenger. www.countmyfish.noaa.gov
    Now if they could stop the Japanese from sucking up everything from Sea Cucumbers to Whales, the oceans may stand a chance.
    I can hear the police man now, "ignorance is no excuse".
    If I hold and HMS premit I don't need a license. However, If I fish on someone elses boat do I need one since the HMS permit is a vessel specific permit?

Quote Originally Posted by 4tunafish View Post
    If I hold and HMS premit I don't need a license. However, If I fish on someone elses boat do I need one since the HMS permit is a vessel specific permit?
    Great question.

I dont believe so - but I could be wrong.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

i've asked before and no one seems to be able to anwer, The FAQs on the NOAA site don;t answer either I guess I'll try to cal them direct and post the answer

Try going to the box Do I Need To Register and answer the questions. I just tryed it and it told me I don't have to register if i have a HMS permit. Let me if you guys get the same.

They need to clearly state this stuff. If you can get in trouble for it, it should be clearly stated. You shouldnt have to spend an hour reading or being on hold just to find out the laws. Its everybody rapin the seas, how about all the Mediterranean countries.

guys it only takes a few minutes.. its all online..
    -----------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Think Big View Post
    Try going to the box Do I Need To Register and answer the questions. I just tryed it and it told me I don't have to register if i have a HMS permit. Let me if you guys get the same.
    I agree. Just to be safe even if Captains have commercial permits, you can print out a free (for now) license just to cover all bases. What I gather is outside the 3 mile line (federal waters) anglers will be required to have a NOAA card to fish. Thanks for the feedback.

WATCH OUT NJ FISHERMEN.....I just recently checked into this and found out the following: Normally if you have an HMS permit, you are exempt from having to register for the saltwater license if you are going to fishing in NJ waters. However, if you cross the line into NY waters, NY state law does not recognize the federal HMS angling permit alone. You must either have a NY state fishing license or an out of state license, such as NJ. So NJ anglers with an HMS permit don't necessarily need a saltwater fishing license to fish in NJ but they do need a NJ license (or another out of state license) if they plan on fishing in NY waters. Go figure that one out!

2000 28' Carolina Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Little Silver Express View Post
    WATCH OUT NJ FISHERMEN.....I just recently checked into this and found out the following: Normally if you have an HMS permit, you are exempt from having to register for the saltwater license if you are going to fishing in NJ waters. However, if you cross the line into NY waters, NY state law does not recognize the federal HMS angling permit alone. You must either have a NY state fishing license or an out of state license, such as NJ. So NJ anglers with an HMS permit don't necessarily need a saltwater fishing license to fish in NJ but they do need a NJ license (or another out of state license) if they plan on fishing in NY waters. Go figure that one out!
    There is no NJ license yet. The NOAA registry card is a federal thing. If you are to fish NY waters, Raritan Bay, etc. You need an out of state NY license.

This has been discussed earlier on the barn.
    27 Onslow Bay

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in