BASS BARN banner

Polarizer and Sailfish Season

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Krazy8 
#1 ·
This time of year Polarizer should be posting his Sailfish reports :huh: Hope all is ok.

#2 ·
He's busy pre-fishing for the Pelican Yacht Club Invitational. Reported he was 2/2 yesterday and that the bite has been slow. Tournament officially begins tomorrow. The Polarizer is in non stop Tournament mode all month fishing the sailfish circuit. After the Pelican, the Polarizer fishes the Sailfish Club of Palm Beach Gold Cup, then the Buccaneer. I'm lucky enough to have been invited to go along for the ride for the Gold Cup next week. I'm sure he will be posting soon.

#5 ·
Well, Fishing against the best sailfish trolling teams up and down the east coast is a challenge I am always up for. We Prefished the Pelican 3 days and fished the Pelican 3 straight days, yes, 6 straight days for team Polarizer. For what ever reason as we were next to top teams, we just didnt see numbers we should have, but thats fishing. In the tournament we only caught 4. Fish that didnt count was one which got taxed, and another inadvertantly run over by another team as we were stretched out over 300 yards of 20# mainline, and one jump off, but again, we just didnt get the numbers and chances. The Pelican Yacht Club does a great job hosting the tournament. Very nice folks and amazing food selections, including a seafood night, roast beef night and just terrific comardery among the locals and many fishermen from NJ, Virgina Beach and Maryland. Also had many green hornets, grave diggers and the always present boneheads. One other note is we get fresh caught Ballyhoo and Mullet, and let me tell you, there is nothing like fresh bait caught the day before you troll it. Great color, holds up exceptionally and yes, your bait box does not smell nasty. Now about the picture of those young anglers above. My only word of advise during flu season is to skip that bag of Fireball, and get some custom shot glasses and Patrone. Two reasons, Tequila is actually the only alcohol that is not a depressant, and the cups keep the Flu or other scurvy away. We are professional alcoholics with a fishing problem, so we need to stay healthy as we have two more major tournaments this month.

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.