White Marlin Open
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: White Marlin Open

Default White Marlin Open

Be sure to check in the weigh in on line. Team Polarizer is boat #100. Fish with Intent

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Good luck in the tournament

I will be following
    I Fish Therefore I Am!

Ancient Mariner since 7/11/10

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

looks like your getting a couple of extra days to fish with all this weather moving in

Quote Originally Posted by HDSF View Post
    looks like your getting a couple of extra days to fish with all this weather moving in
    Chances are tuesday and wednesday will be unfishable so added 2 days onto back end

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy8 View Post
    Chances are tuesday and wednesday will be unfishable so added 2 days onto back end

Tournament rule A(6). only 1 day needs to be fished by at least 1 boat to make the tournament official and for prizes
    Tournament Rule A (7) The WMO reserves the right to cancel the tournament at any time.

new rule. If Rule A(6) cant be achieved, refer to Rule A (7)

Quote Originally Posted by polarizer View Post
    Tournament rule A(6). only 1 day needs to be fished by at least 1 boat to make the tournament official and for prizes
    Tournament Rule A (7) The WMO reserves the right to cancel the tournament at any time.

new rule. If Rule A(6) cant be achieved, refer to Rule A (7)
    correct , but days were added so the 1 day rule isn't needed and they don't need to revert to rule 7

Always enjoy following the WMO, and especially liked Polarizer’s video from last year.

There has been a mixed response from what I’ve read about the 2 day extension. Impacts to planned charters, other tournaments, hotels, slips, etc.

With 7 days to fish and a tropical storm or hurricane in the mix early in the week, seeing how different strategies are implemented will be interesting.

Excited to follow the tournament, and good luck and tight lines to everyone from the Barn that is participating. Maybe someday for me...

It’s still early, but for anyone not participating, what would your strategy be?

Certainly boat size dictates some of what is possible, and the weather timing is still unknown, but do you risk going on Monday before the storm and then wait for satellite info to pick your final 2 days, or save all 3 days for the back half of the week?

For those of you who are participating, what are the new logistical challenges due to the extended tournament window and how are you handling those challenges?

Quote Originally Posted by mapmaker View Post
    Always enjoy following the WMO, and especially liked Polarizer’s video from last year.

There has been a mixed response from what I’ve read about the 2 day extension. Impacts to planned charters, other tournaments, hotels, slips, etc.

With 7 days to fish and a tropical storm or hurricane in the mix early in the week, seeing how different strategies are implemented will be interesting.

Excited to follow the tournament, and good luck and tight lines to everyone from the Barn that is participating. Maybe someday for me...

It’s still early, but for anyone not participating, what would your strategy be?

Certainly boat size dictates some of what is possible, and the weather timing is still unknown, but do you risk going on Monday before the storm and then wait for satellite info to pick your final 2 days, or save all 3 days for the back half of the week?

For those of you who are participating, what are the new logistical challenges due to the extended tournament window and how are you handling those challenges?

if it worked out as a Wed, Thur Fri. fish days and all boats fished , that could have made for an exciting weighin

My old boat left for Ocean City Fishing Center after our last charter this season yesterday out of South Jersey. It going to be interesting tournament if there is extensive cloud cover next week for any true offshore temp shots even by Roffs. Might be a case of fishing somewhat blind except for composite temp shots which are less than reliable based on my experience. We will see how this plays out.
    Last edited by Captain's John & Diana; 07-31-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain's John & Diana View Post
    My old boat left for Ocean City Fishing Center after our last charter this season yesterday out of South Jersey. It going to be interesting tournament if there is extensive cloud cover next week for any true offshore temp shots even by Roffs. Might be a case of fishing somewhat blind except for composite temp shots which are less than reliable based on my experience. We will see how this plays out.
    Good Old Time Fising

Quote Originally Posted by Captain's John & Diana View Post
    Might be a case of fishing somewhat blind except for composite temp shots which are less than reliable based on my experience. We will see how this plays out.
    Like the old days
    Krazy8 likes this.

I like considering the strategy decisions.

Fish Monday before the storm in worsening conditions? Skip Monday to save a day for after the storm?

If you expect satellite shots to become an issue, then maybe many boats fish Monday and take mid-week lay days to “fun fish” after the storm passes to explore and get a sense of the water, leading to a late week rush since the tourney has been extended through Sunday.

But, any Captains/boats with prior Sat/Sun commitments at the end of the week need to approach it differently than boats that have a clear 7 day window, which maybe forces more crews to go on Monday.

I think how quickly the storm moves up the coast will have a big impact on the tournament. If Monday is safe, boats will likely go to what they expect to be productive water. That would lead to a 2 out of 4 days, Thursday to Sunday for the finish, with the hope that you can get good satellite shots and/or go out and explore on Wednesday/Thursday lay days to set up the rest of the week.

If the storm slows down and impacts Monday through Wednesday, then the tournament sets up differently.

Big money, big considerations...

I remember living down there and seeing all the boats going out at 4am when I was walking a girl home

Re-Bait likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in