Hernando Beach 11/13 report... got some..
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hernando Beach 11/13 report... got some..

Spring Hill, Florida - Cape May Court House, NJ

Default Hernando Beach 11/13 report... got some..

The offshore weather forecast for 11/12 was the best I've seen for months, unfortunately the morning fog was thick and we had to delay our launch for an hour. About half way thru the three mile run out the Hernando Beach Channel to the gulf we ran into a wall of fog so thick I decided to turn around and wait a little more. After twenty minutes the fog cleared substantially and it was off to grab some live bait then a run 15 miles off shore from the end of the channel to hit 25' of water. Ended up boating three keeper Gags and releasing over a dozen shorts before slack tide set in. We also caught and released a very nice keeper Red grouper but the season is closed till January 1st. During slack tide we trolled and caught a nice 29" Gag on an orange rapala. Once the tide picked up again the water was loaded with grass stirred up by shrimp boats working the area making it tough to troll so we decided to head back in. The grouper showed no interest in live bait this trip and only wanted Mackeral heads... On the run out I turned around about fifty yards before the grounded stone crab boat and never knew he was there......

Water Depth 25'. bait Mackarel heads Water temp never looked... ;(

I dedicate my retirement to the memory of Izaak Walton who thoughtfully declared what so many of us would most like to repeat:
    "I HAVE LAID ASIDE BUSINESS, AND GONE FISHING."

Parris Island, Class of 82.

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really. ~Agnes Sligh Turnbull

[email protected]

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Nice gags. We cant seem to find any grouper over here. Catching everything else though. Dove today , lobster for dinner.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in