2018 Inshore Reports...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2018 Inshore Reports...

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    17,450

    Lightbulb 2018 Inshore Reports...

    Post them here...
    Thanks for contributing

  2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cape May Court House NJ
    Posts
    12,266

    Default

    hopefully can contribute tomorrow
    I Fish Therefore I Am!

    Ancient Mariner since 7/11/10

  4. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    17,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooled View Post
    hopefully can contribute tomorrow
    Good luck Tom

  5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cape May Court House NJ
    Posts
    12,266

    Default Sunday Report

    Went out with Capt al and short crew (4) on boat

    Ended up with 13 Keeper tog- largest 14 lbs on boga(a PB ) 10lber (another PB) a few 5-6 roasters and the rest no need to measure.

    Moved a few times to get away from doogies and short seabass but a good trip considering the water temps. Last stop saved the day for me as i bagged a couple 5-6lbers.

    Put a full day on water and had a late bite. Weather great and had fun. Capt had the smallest whites-size of large greenies

    Scheduled to go out again next sunday. May be room on the boat, Contact me if interested.

    learned alot again From Capt al about tog habits
    familyguy6007 likes this.
    I Fish Therefore I Am!

    Ancient Mariner since 7/11/10

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    24,331

    Default

    Fished out of manasquan inlet started at the sea girt reef finished in and around the mud hole - 3 keeper sea bass 32 hake AKA ling a dings
    Last edited by rfanow; 06-17-2018 at 05:45 AM.







  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    144

    Default

    1) Day Fished: 6/17
    2) General Location: GE Reef
    3) Fishing For: Sea Bass and Flounder
    4) Water Temp & Color: 64ish
    5) Catch Report: 5 Keeper Flounder & 4 Keeper Sea Bass
    6) Hot Bait or Lure: anything we dropped
    7) Time Fish were caught: 8am-3pm
    8) Weather and Sea Conditions: calm/light chop
    JMcKnight and familyguy6007 like this.
    Will Johnson

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Went out to the Absecon reef drift grounds Sunday and hit a few spots finding fish at all of them. Only found short flounder but did manage to limit out our 2 man sea bass. Lots of sea robins too. Pretty sure I dropped a BIG flatty at one of the sites, because something hit and head shook hard enough to pull decent drag off the spool. I didn't set the hook good enough I guess because it came off after about 5 sec. It was very sporty in the ocean from 7 am - 11 am, but calmed down immensely for the late morning and early afternoon. It was our first ever attempt at targeting flounder out of the back bays and wasn't really on fire, but had to call it a victory because we did find fish and had only 1 break off all day somehow!

    We got hits on every set up:
    Set up 1: 3 oz chatruese bucktail with white gulp shrimp teaser.
    Set up 2: 2 oz jig head with 5 in gulp grub.
    Set up 3: high low rig with white teaser tipped with sea robin strip, and pink zoom on the low side. Switched between 3 and 4 oz lead to keep bottom.
    Last edited by familyguy6007; 07-30-2018 at 11:07 AM.
    wired98 likes this.

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oceanville, Galloway twp NJ
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by familyguy6007 View Post
    Went out to the Absecon reef drift grounds Sunday and hit a few spots finding fish at all of them. Only found short flounder but did manage to limit out our 2 man sea bass. Lots of sea robins too. Pretty sure I dropped a BIG flatty at one of the sites, because something hit and head shook hard enough to pull decent drag off the spool. I didn't set the hook good enough I guess because it came off after about 5 sec. It was very sporty in the ocean from 7 am - 11 am, but calmed down immensely for the late morning and early afternoon. It was our first ever attempt at targeting flounder out of the back bays and wasn't really on fire, but had to call it a victory because we did find fish and had only 1 break off all day somehow!

    We got hits on every set up:
    Set up 1: 3 oz chatruese bucktail with white gulp shrimp teaser.
    Set up 2: 2 oz jig head with 5 in gulp grub.
    Set up 3: high low rig with white teaser tipped with sea robin strip, and pink zoom on the low side. Switched between 3 and 4 oz lead to keep bottom.
    Thanks for the report...was going to run there but had to be at work at noon, and was by myself...I had one Fluke in the Absecon inlet 22inchs...and some shorts

    Joe R.
    21 SeaCraft
    Susie 2
    Absecon Creek
    familyguy6007 likes this.

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    609

    Default

    You made the right call because the seas were angry until about noon! On the bright side it kept the crowds away lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. View Post
    Thanks for the report...was going to run there but had to be at work at noon, and was by myself...I had one Fluke in the Absecon inlet 22inchs...and some shorts

    Joe R.
    21 SeaCraft
    Susie 2
    Absecon Creek

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    pa.
    Posts
    6,424

    Default

    1) Day Fished:7/29
    2) General Location:site 11
    3) Fishing For: Sea Bass and Flounder
    4) Water Temp & Color: good
    5) Catch Report: 3 Keeper Flounder & 5 shorts
    6) Hot Bait or Lure: custome tied riggs
    7) Time Fish were caught: 9 -2
    8) Weather and Sea Conditions: moderate chop Am/laid down afternoon
    familyguy6007 likes this.
    -
    the socialist philosophy.. you can buy the votes of the masses with their own money!



  13. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    17,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcy II View Post
    1) Day Fished:7/29
    2) General Location:site 11
    3) Fishing For: Sea Bass and Flounder
    4) Water Temp & Color: good
    5) Catch Report: 3 Keeper Flounder & 5 shorts
    6) Hot Bait or Lure: custome tied riggs
    7) Time Fish were caught: 9 -2
    8) Weather and Sea Conditions: moderate chop Am/laid down afternoon
    Saw you out there on Sunday...
    We caught a ton of throwbacks but zero keeper Flounder

  14. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Matts Landing/Popeyes
    Posts
    1,000

    Default

    Fished on monday out of point pleasant
    Boat=Jamaica ii
    Made a left and went up 5 miles or so
    Mainly used gulp and some mackeral, spearing, squid
    Between Dad and I got 4 keepers to 23"s, Lots of fish caught and many keepers including a half dozen over 5lbs and a 7.6lber.
    Very sticky wherever we were, if you dragged bottom you were donating lots of tackle, I must of lost 10 rigs if not more.

    Real nice on water seas calm slight breeze and pretty cloudy most of the day. Captain never turned engines off once. When we needed some help in the drift department he bumped the boat in and out of gear all day long 7:30-4:30. First time I've ever seen a party boat power drift. Big one (7.6lb)was caught on a bucktail while on the hook(single anchored swinging around a little bit)

  15. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brigantine , N.J.
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Got two nice Bonito July 25th trolling 6 miles off of Atlantic City

  16. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    2,056

    Default

    Very nice report Thanks

  17. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    pa.
    Posts
    6,424

    Default

    1) Day Fished:9/2 9/3
    2) General Locationcape may reef/cigar
    3) Fishing For: Flounder/tuna mahi
    4) Water Temp & Color: good
    5) Catch Report: 3 Keeper Flounder 20 tb 2 blues/ 5 false abies
    6) Hot Bait or Lure: custome tied riggs/ sterling tackle
    7) Time Fish were caught: 9-2/8 to 12
    8) Weather and Sea Conditions: moderate chop Am/laid down afternoon/calm long rollers
    -
    the socialist philosophy.. you can buy the votes of the masses with their own money!



+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •