Lost rod
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By phish4fun

Thread: Lost rod

Default Lost rod

So, I’m fishing in the north channel of the back bay in Avalon, and get a huge hit and my rod, a Penn Regiment with a battle 2 slips out of my hand and zooms away hooked up to a fish. If anyone hears of it coming back, could you please let me know at [email protected]
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

just chalk it up as a mistake and buy another. me amd many others have lost setups. mine was brand new. 1st time on the boat. putting it in the holder and bang something grabbed it right out of my hand,probably a brown shark...one barner lost so many his name is lostrod.
    familyguy6007 likes this.
    FISH COME AND GO,BUT THE MEMORIES OF FISHING WITH FAMILY WILL LAST FOREVER.

I put a new combo together and the next morning my friend cast it over the side in 90 feet first cast gone 4 oz of lead to send to davy jones locker .

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Yup. Happens to the best of us. I lost a Penn 9500 and Penn Slammer rod right out of my right hand on a head boat. I hooked up on a bluefish and was walking my fish when i tripped on a burlap bag. The bluefish pulled harder the exact same exact time i tripped and poof, there goes the setup. I still feel the ache in my gut from that experience and still see the rod disappearing from sight.

I tried pitching a top water plug to stripers in raritan bay this spring. Hands were numb and rod slipped. Shimano stradic 4000 and shimano Trevla rod overboard. I still get an upset stomach when I think about it. I had deck boots and slickers on otherwise I woulda braved the cold *** water and jumped in after her! Something told me those boots and slickers would have caused me to sink.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in