Trip Report 7/13/19
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Shinyo
  • 1 Post By phish4fun
  • 1 Post By mtown85jb

Thread: Trip Report 7/13/19

Default Trip Report 7/13/19

Went off to the SE out of Cape May Inlet and had a trying day to get meat. We did have a Sea Bass Limit for 6 people with 4 of the Bass being Knot Heads. Had about 15 throwback Sea Bass. Fluke was pretty spotty and poor . Caught about 12 with only 2 making 17 inches so back they went and we had a Big Zero on Fluke. Trolled for about 45 minutes and got 4 Bonito and one Spanish Mack around FA territory.Fish that came out of the deeper water around the 80 to 85 foot range were cold and it appears that the SW winds are starting to give us a Temp. Inversion .Next trip going into Delaware Bay and see if the warmer Bay Temps may put the Fluke in a feeding mood.
    ARMED4BEAR and Mike Hammer like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the report. I do not know many people that fish the d bay but the bit of info I have is that the bite has slowed a bit. Hopefully I’m wrong.

it was fun catching the bonitta and mackeral and as a matter of fact , just gone done eating my share for lunch. i liked both, but the mackeral was better. was surprised to see the bigger sea bass come over the rail, but was happy and filling the fish bag in the freezer. flounder sux……………… I talked to several other guys and one popular charter guy at the end of the day as he was trying to land flounder for the tourney at a wreck we were on so we just floated around him as we were just sea bassing , and as far as fluke, they had crappy results.

by the way we also were catching ling and each fish we brought aboard were cold. we are guessing the bottom temps are maybe 60 degrees.why else would ling be around. fat dave also brought in a blow fish.
    Last edited by phish4fun; 07-14-2019 at 12:13 PM.
    ARMED4BEAR likes this.
    FISH COME AND GO,BUT THE MEMORIES OF FISHING WITH FAMILY WILL LAST FOREVER.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

AC pots and Hambone are about same line as FA, wonder if the Bonita are up north too. Feathers or spoons for the Bonita?

Quote Originally Posted by phish4fun View Post
    we are guessing the bottom temps are maybe 60 degrees.why else would ling be around. fat dave also brought in a blow fish.
    more like in the mid 40s 75 ft down, south of cape may. jumps into the mid 50s around 20+ east of cm
    jrisapirate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jrisapirate View Post
    AC pots and Hambone are about same line as FA, wonder if the Bonita are up north too. Feathers or spoons for the Bonita?
    Spanish Macks and Bonito were all caught on Spoons. 2 to 3 oz. trolling weight with a 3 to 4 foot leader and troll at approx. 3 to 4 MPH.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in