Bonito
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bonito

Default Bonito

Headed out of GE this morning before 7am and went to one of the near by ridges looking to troll up some bonito. Water was 75 degrees at the ridge. We had 10 before noon and quit then. All the fish were about 18 inches. Stopped at one of the local reefs and picked up our limit of sea bass on the way back. They weren't 18 inches........
    BillV Somers Point/Harleysville PA - 28ft Grady CC

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

thanks for the report, hear or see any reports of spanish macs around ???

I got 4 Spanish Mackerals 5 miles off A.C Saturday

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GET REEL View Post
    I got 4 Spanish Mackerals 5 miles off A.C Saturday
    Thanks for the report......I think i'm gonna give it a try for macks this weekend. I assume clark spoons did the most damage ???

Tried 12mi out of CM yesterday. Beautiful day out there with the wife. Thought we would get some Spanish Mackerels but only bonita and blues. It was nonstop action and rarely got more then three lines in before getting hit again. Had three fish on at once at least five times so it was really exciting for the wife. Fished for about 2 hrs and had a smooth ride in. No flies and perfect temp made it a nice day. Had small spoons we for Spanish Mackerel in Florida but didn't run into any. Small spreader bar with small plastic squids and a daisy chain with small feather lures in purple and black got the bonita. All caught on light weight spinning tackle.

I went today out of AC. Had a pick of Bonito in 60-70 feet, nothing on the spoons. Caught ours on gotchas and yozuris.

Hit both GE and AC reefs. One nice ling, some sea bass. Flounder fishing is not good.

But as GW said no flies. Weather looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Great White View Post
    Tried 12mi out of CM yesterday. Beautiful day out there with the wife. Thought we would get some Spanish Mackerels but only bonita and blues. It was nonstop action and rarely got more then three lines in before getting hit again. Had three fish on at once at least five times so it was really exciting for the wife. Fished for about 2 hrs and had a smooth ride in. No flies and perfect temp made it a nice day. Had small spoons we for Spanish Mackerel in Florida but didn't run into any. Small spreader bar with small plastic squids and a daisy chain with small feather lures in purple and black got the bonita. All caught on light weight spinning tackle.

Will be going out Saturday and will hit a Famous Shoal approx. 4 miles off Cape May to troll or might go out 30 miles and get some Sea Bass and Ling and then come in to that Famous Bank approx. 10 miles off the Beach and troll for Spanish Macks, Bonito, and Blues. If anyone else will be going out of CM inlet and trolling for Macks, Bonitos,& Blues, and you want to compare notes out there on Saturday, send me a PM and we can set it up and share info while on the water. THANKS.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in