Fishing outta ocean city question
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing outta ocean city question

Default Fishing outta ocean city question

So, Me and a buddy just got a boat that finally we can fish out front with. My question is( with out spot burning I guess) other then the ac reef and oc reef is there any particular spots I should be looking up to do some flounder fishing. I know it’s a dumb question but gotta start some where. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Get a chart try to look for the uneven bottom on your FF or some type of structure humps , lumps or holes and a decent drift is a deff. plus also just because you see a fleet of boats doesn't mean at the time that's where the only bite is. If you swing by a group of boats i make a habit to watch the other boats nets flying , bent rods but also look to see if there are people sitting down usually not a good indicator unless there's no drift.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog.If you can't eat it or hump it.
    Piss on it and walk away.

HomePortCharts will definitely steer you in the right direction.

Out of OC, you'd probably be interested most in NJ Charts #2, #10, #20, but look at them all and see what areas are of most interest to you.

I'd also highly recommend the Navionics WebApp (https://webapp.navionics.com/) and one that I just found this morning, actually, called WaterWayGuide (https://www.waterwayguide.com/explorer).

Wrecks, 'Fish Havens' (the reef sites), Shoals, and ledges should be the spots you're looking to primarily target.

Congrats on the new boat and good luck!
    “Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you'll have him buying gear for a lifetime."

2004 Hydra Sports 230WA
    "calAmity"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in