MCries Shoal 7-26-19
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By PONCH125
  • 2 Post By Spooled
  • 2 Post By Spooled

Thread: MCries Shoal 7-26-19

Cool MCries Shoal 7-26-19

Got a hot tip from a buddy that McCries was holding keeper flounder last week. I snuck out there yesterday morning and joined the fleet and party boat. They must have intercepted the fishing intel! Hahahahahaa!! Fished hard all day and kept working drop offs and areas that produced bites. Caught 10 shorts. They seemed to get smaller instead of bigger.

While jigging for flounder, I witnessed the biggest cobia I've ever seen cruise within 3 feet of the side of my boat about 2 feet under the surface. Most amazing thing I've ever seen. Did I have a rod prerigged for just such an occurrence? Nope. Rigged up a small bucktail on a beefy spinning rod real fast but only caught rat blue fish. Spoke to another boat and they were only catching shorts, too. Trolling a flashy clarks on the way in but it didn't get touched. All in all, still a great day on the water. Next time, I'm gonna be ready for that cobia!

4 oz bucktail on the bottom with various gulp
    Bait holder hook on a dropper loop 12 inches above the bucktail with pink gulp being the hot ticket
    Water was 72 degrees if I remember correctly
    Drift speed varied but most flounder were caught on .06-1.2 mph
    LAZY DAZE likes this.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Great report Ponch. I heard the same thing about that spot being very productive lately too. But then guys I know that go fish there are only catching shorts. Hahaha
    2005 Cobia 235 CC

Great report, felt like I was on the boat with you. Always enjoy reading your reports, win, lose or draw, they are always positive and what fishing is all about.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Nice report and glad for you guys. It's really great that you share your method and details of catching for the trip. Many times we fish and go thru different rigs looking for what the fish are hitting on.
    Thanks again

Thank you everyone. This site was started to help out our fellow fishermen and women and I still believe in those founding tenets.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

0/11 this morning. Only fished 3.5 hours. Tried various rigs. Ended up spinner blade some beads on 3 way
    toolguy73 and Shinyo like this.
    I Fish Therefore I Am!

Ancient Mariner since 7/11/10

0/15 this am. Got cuz,s wife to Holland catch 3. Mission accomplished. In Harborview for lunch by 12:30
    toolguy73 and Red Eye Nester like this.
    I Fish Therefore I Am!

Ancient Mariner since 7/11/10

Good to see one of the old perrennial"s producing fluke again...it used to usually be later in season, but we'll take it...be nice if the size limit was more reasonable tho huh? Gonna be a few weeks til I get back out, had to come back 18 miles on one last week, SB oil cooler housing rotted out...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in