Trip report; Sunday, Aug 11
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Shinyo
  • 1 Post By Spooled
  • 2 Post By CaptG

Thread: Trip report; Sunday, Aug 11

Default Trip report; Sunday, Aug 11

Left CM inlet and went SW for approx. 11 miles. Very nice day with cooler Temps and calm seas. Left the dock at 6:30 A.M. and back by 2:00 P.M. Had 5 Keepers , 2 that just missed the mark by 1/2"[they went back], and another 30 to 35 throwbacks. We did drop 4 to 5 Big Fish since on the Spro on the bottom we were using long Squid Stripes or long Bluefish Strips. Skates were a problem and we caught only 1 Sea Robin. Nothing else came up . Hot ticket was 3 inch Gulp Mullet in the bright Chartreuse color. Most of the fish were caught on the top Teaser hook dressed with either Gulp or Spearing[Frozen]. Only rough fishing was when we got closer to Delaware just before the deep drop. 8 ozs. was like a joke trying to hold the bottom.
    wired98, Marine Tom and toolguy73 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

i was in general area solo fished 7:30 to 11 . 2/6 nothing big easy fishing but bite slowed at 9 for me.

kept it simple 3 way 4-5oz lead spinner squid/minnow and feather squid

Weather looks like crap after tomorrow
    Last edited by Spooled; 08-11-2019 at 07:00 PM.
    toolguy73 likes this.
    I Fish Therefore I Am!

Ancient Mariner since 7/11/10

Found the fish, good job. Sounds like a fun day on the water
    "Talent hits a target no one else can hit...Genius hits a target no one else can see"

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Jumped on the Porgy Friday, decent bight early and late when there was some drift, slow most the day with no drift.40-50 fares, probably 30-35 keeps. 4 got their limit, including me at 19, 22, 23" jigged 1st two, they took spearing & meat on the cheater, got the last and biggest on tandem hook rig, glow skirt with meat & 3 spearing on each hook. Caught 6-8 shorts including 2 at 17 & 3/4...the gulp only crowd was pissed I outfished them with bait haha
    Last edited by CaptG; 08-11-2019 at 10:17 PM.
    toolguy73 and Shinyo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinyo View Post
    Left CM inlet and went SW for approx. 11 miles. Very nice day with cooler Temps and calm seas. Left the dock at 6:30 A.M. and back by 2:00 P.M. Had 5 Keepers , 2 that just missed the mark by 1/2"[they went back], and another 30 to 35 throwbacks. We did drop 4 to 5 Big Fish since on the Spro on the bottom we were using long Squid Stripes or long Bluefish Strips. Skates were a problem and we caught only 1 Sea Robin. Nothing else came up . Hot ticket was 3 inch Gulp Mullet in the bright Chartreuse color. Most of the fish were caught on the top Teaser hook dressed with either Gulp or Spearing[Frozen]. Only rough fishing was when we got closer to Delaware just before the deep drop. 8 ozs. was like a joke trying to hold the bottom.
    We did the same general area yesterday and had some keepers, not as good as Tuesday. Skates were a major problem as slake tide was skate city.
    Last edited by Franks Seaswirl; 08-12-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptG View Post
    Jumped on the Porgy Friday, decent bight early and late when there was some drift, slow most the day with no drift.40-50 fares, probably 30-35 keeps. 4 got their limit, including me at 19, 22, 23" jigged 1st two, they took spearing & meat on the cheater, got the last and biggest on tandem hook rig, glow skirt with meat & 3 spearing on each hook. Caught 6-8 shorts including 2 at 17 & 3/4...the gulp only crowd was pissed I outfished them with bait haha
    Congrats Gman
    I Fish Therefore I Am!

Ancient Mariner since 7/11/10

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in