Trolling: I Can't Catch A Break... or a Fish - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Trolling: I Can't Catch A Break... or a Fish

in the days when I had bigger boats and did lots of trolling, we had many days like you guys describe..if I was marking fish but not getting hits I was constanly changing lures and colors, moving things in closer or a little farther out..tried spoons, plugs, deep divers, spinners, spreader bars, etc...some days it worked and other days not..I ALWAYS brought lots of rods so if trolling was not working, we would flip over to bottom fishing around wrecks,,we usually caught fluke, sea bass, ling, etc on the ac reef, san jose and other wrecks in the areas that we fished often. I had a video on facebook pop up today from 10 years ago trolling the ac pot area..beautiful calm day and only caught 1 small bluefish...
    Chris Miller
    1974 Mako 17 "Tiderunner"
    Mystic Islands, NJ (since 1970) &
    Tioga County, PA

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

If you keep putting the time in like you are everything will come together. How do you think the big sporties feel after a few skunked canyon trips and thousands of dollars in fuel burned. It stinks but you keep moving forward, stay positive and things will happen.
    sully127 likes this.

Report from this Sunday- 2 for 3 on mahi , 3 Bonito and we saw one big *** hammerhead 9’. Only one other boat at East Lump and we did not see them hook up, but we did see the leave early. A friend was there on Saturday and reported nothing. Agree with a previous post that says keep trying and keep trying different rigs. Caught the bonito on a black feather, a green machine, and a Clarke spoon. Caught the mahi on a Clarke spoon and a pink feather with some gold Mylar streamers. So with years of failure under my belt, and no pattern as to which lure is best, I go back to my increased speed (4knots in previous years, to 7knots this year) as a factor. Or it could be that the Lord finally had pity on me for the money poured into the gas tank and finally let me catch a few.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in