Looking to put a bend in the rod for the kids

Thread: Looking to put a bend in the rod for the kids

Default Looking to put a bend in the rod for the kids

Last couple weeks me and my buddy have been out of somerspoint doing some inshore trolling, hitting the reefs, and all the bunker pods. We’ve got a handful of decent fish to show for it but wanna let the kids fight something decent like some big blue s, sharks anything really. My Question is, we’re gonna make a run to the ridge and see what happens trolling I guess, but if all fail might just do some chumming and see if we can’t get some blues or something in the slick. But our anchor wench is being replaced this week. Is it necessary to be anchored when chumming ?? Or is it just preferred ? Thanks for the advice !
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Iíll start my chum slick about a half mile before I stop. Iíll then just drift with it.

CJ

You can drift and chum. Depending on how far off you are and water temp, your probably more likely to find a mahi in your slick right now than a blue.
    Jerry Shelton
    BreeZeeLee Marina

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

when I have friends down and want to put them on some meat, I get bunker logs and put a chum pot on the bottom right outside the inlet in shallow water..7 or 8 feet. Fish bunker chunks on the bottom and catch sand sharks, brown sharks, bat wing skates, bullnose rays, etc..we have had some big stuff over the years that we could not get in..once the fish come around the action can be non stop. My dad used to do that with me and my friends when we were kids..we had also caught 12 pound weakfish, stripers, had brown sharks strip the reels, etc.
    Chris Miller
    1974 Mako 17 "Tiderunner"
    Mystic Islands, NJ (since 1970) &
    Tioga County, PA

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in