Pflueger Presidental
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pflueger Presidental

Default Pflueger Presidental

I'm thinking of buying a pflueger presidential for fluke fishing. I know people think they are too lite but I have been using a quantum low profile and have landed fluke up to 5 lbs! All you have to do is get it to the surface, the mates net the fish for you.

My question is, does the pflueger presidential handle the saltwater well or will it damage the reel?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Why not look at a Penn battle 2000 for maybe the same-ish price? Not sure what size Presidential but I don't see salt water specs for it.

https://saltedangler.com/spinning-re...sident-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Rtnldave View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a pflueger presidential for fluke fishing. I know people think they are too lite but I have been using a quantum low profile and have landed fluke up to 5 lbs! All you have to do is get it to the surface, the mates net the fish for you.

My question is, does the pflueger presidential handle the saltwater well or will it damage the reel?
    I have a few pflueger president ultra lite spinning combo's I use early season in the back bay. Very smooth (think it has like 10 bearings) and has stood up to about 5-6 years of saltwater use so far. No complaints from me, I typically hose my rods/reels of for several minutes with freshwater after every use.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I bought one on a whim for my Grandson. He's 6. 3/8 oz bucktail at the bottom of a mini Skinner rig with gulp and minnows out fished his Dad and PopPop that day, and continues to. 2 of my grandkids caught their first flounder and first keepers on It.

4' 6" or so, and bends like a noodle, but it's hooking up. I bought another one.
    Proud member of the Ancient Mariners.
    Money won't buy happiness,
    But it'll get your a$$ on a boat, and that's a start.

Thank you for your responses and suggestions. Have a great day!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in