Trip Report - Saturday Aug 17
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shinyo
  • 1 Post By Shinyo

Thread: Trip Report - Saturday Aug 17

Default Trip Report - Saturday Aug 17

Left the dock at 6:30 headed Southwest once I cleared the Harbor. Had 7 keeper Fluke with only 10 throwbacks, 6 Blues that came in around 2 to 3 lbs., 3 Kingfish, approx. 15 throwback weakfish, 2 Spot, and 5 Croakers. Stopped fishing around 1:30 and headed back to the barn. Hot ticket was the 3 inch Gulp Chartreuse Mullet and Minnows. Blood worms and shedder coupled with Spot Strips rounded out the bait arsenal. Fluke were caught in 23 feet of water and once the tide gave out around 11, that was the end of our Flounder fishing.
    wired98 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

If anyone is going out Tomorrow, send me a PM and I can guide where to go. Can't give exact location as that is Spot Burning , but can give you approx. area.Today, when we were beating up the Fluke, there was only one boat in sight for 5 miles. Plus after the small morning wind, we have dead calm for 2 hours before stopped fishing and headed to the Barn at 1:30. Will be near a computer up to 8:00 p.m. tonight. If I would have brought some chum Logs along with some cut Bait like Mackerel, I could have kept the Blues around my boat.
    caplanz likes this.

Thanks for report! Glad you got into fish today. My luck was the opposite but I’m happy someone did well.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in