Weekend Report Fluking
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Spooled

Thread: Weekend Report Fluking

Default Weekend Report Fluking

Friday fished with brother in some not so great conditions -3/19 4 guys fishing

Sat fished solo short trip-7-11-vcaught small blues outside inlet then hit WWR-0/2

Sun Fished solo left at 9 fooled around 30 minutes in front of inlet then off to cmr . Tries N end lots of brown seaweed tired of that and went to drift area 1/4 plus a ling and less seaweed., Pulled lines at 12:30 as I caught dinner and wanted to get in

Maybe 12 boats that I could see out there

When You manage your expectations with this fluke fishing you can have a nice time. Had tunes left later as slept in and didn't expect much.
    toolguy73 and Shinyo like this.
    I Fish Therefore I Am!

Ancient Mariner since 7/11/10

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Manage your expectations. Sound advice!

Thanks for the report. I went 1/1 at TI Reef this morning. 3 skates....

Short trip in a little boat.
    Proud member of the Ancient Mariners.
    Money won't buy happiness,
    But it'll get your a$$ on a boat, and that's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooled View Post
    Friday fished with brother in some not so great conditions -3/19 4 guys fishing

Sat fished solo short trip-7-11-vcaught small blues outside inlet then hit WWR-0/2

Sun Fished solo left at 9 fooled around 30 minutes in front of inlet then off to cmr . Tries N end lots of brown seaweed tired of that and went to drift area 1/4 plus a ling and less seaweed., Pulled lines at 12:30 as I caught dinner and wanted to get in

Maybe 12 boats that I could see out there

When You manage your expectations with this fluke fishing you can have a nice time. Had tunes left later as slept in and didn't expect much.
    I hear ya.....Myself or family members have had boats docked in CM or WW for years. Last year I moved it up north and it was NOT a mistake, definitely better fishing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for report. I was out on sat as well. Same area, same time, very similar results. Still nice to be out but certainly would have liked a better outcome.

CJ

My response whenever anyone asks how fishing is; as long as you set your expectations low, it still beats working and golf! My fluking, which has been limited, in all the same spots has only produced 1 keeper a trip.
    Jerry Shelton
    BreeZeeLee Marina

Macries Shoal and beyond has been producing a little bit more

Quote Originally Posted by Franks Seaswirl View Post
    Macries Shoal and beyond has been producing a little bit more
    I think that may have dried up a bit......I know somebody who fished McCries to FA last Friday with poor results

As we get closer to Labor Day, it may be time to start thinking that the Fluke will be making their exit from Delaware Bay. Fishing the lower Bay around 9 and 10 may be the play in the upcoming weeks. Pretty strong tide down and if you did not give Delaware $50.00 for the honor of fishing in their waters, just stay on the Red Side of the Channel[#10].
    Information-Knowledge-Wisdom. Not a Linear path for anyone.

We hit the lower today for a few hours. Didn’t have much luck with fluke but we were covered up in small blues most of the time. At times the bait did not get a chance to hit the sea floor. We were pressed on time and am confident we would have found the fluke but time got away from me and it was fun catching the blues. A few croakers and small weaks mixed in too.

Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    We hit the lower today for a few hours. Didn’t have much luck with fluke but we were covered up in small blues most of the time. At times the bait did not get a chance to hit the sea floor. We were pressed on time and am confident we would have found the fluke but time got away from me and it was fun catching the blues. A few croakers and small weaks mixed in too.
    If you came out of the Canal, you need to hang a right and go up approx. 5 to 6 miles. I may try the lower Bay come Labor Day. No matter where you go in the Bay, you are going to get Blues and if you anchor, Weaks and Kings. As we use to say when I tied up on the Maurice River from 1984 to 2011,"Another Day on the Bay, Delaware Bay!" It looks like I will be going back this week-end unless a drastic change happens in the Ocean. Tired of beating up Pee-Wee fluke and tons of Skates.

Yep. We weren’t able to be out long and just wanted to get a bend in the rod. Had a couple friends who don’t get out much and wanted to just catch a few fish. On the shelf this weekend but look forward to getting back out Labor Day weekend. Thanks for the tip!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in