When does the season slow down?
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaPlumber

Thread: When does the season slow down?

Default When does the season slow down?

Pretty new to the scene and will have my boat in the water till mid-October. I'm out of GE inlet and wondering what the common timing for the fishing to slow down significantly in that part of SoJ is. Essentially how late in the season can I still have hopes to hook up to an inshore Mahi, Tuna, King Fish etc.

Thank!
    --
    Mat-Zak on 68
    2009 Sea Ray Amberjack 270

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Inshore, usually by end of September, early October (depending on weather/currents) you can pretty much kiss the bite goodbye, for Mahi, kings & Spanish. Some years you can catch till mid/late October (not usually). Bonita will be around a while longer and inshore Blue fin also (much better BFT fishing north of you as I see you out of Margate). Wreck fishing and bass will be your go to game oct/nov/dec.,,,,,don't forget about inshore sharking in the fall if you enjoy that type of hunt, very underrated in my opinion.

Most years there are sight casting opportunities for False Albacore in the September/October time frame from just outside the inlet to way out. You kind of have to be in the right place at the right time, but it's awesome when it all comes together.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Fish till and through New Year for Stripers if weather stays right and fish are on the beach.
    C Phase likes this.
    Strathmere

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in