Fishing Reports April 15 - April 30
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing Reports April 15 - April 30

Banned

Default Fishing Reports April 15 - April 30

Posting a report,please be sure to include as much valuable information as possible. When it comes to "location", please DO NOT post specific "SPOTS".
    This request is brought to you by "P.E.T.S" (People For The Ethical Treatment Of Spots)

General area of park - IE. - North, Middle, South or Bayside....
    Tide and Conditions
    # Fish Caught
    bait/lure/fly
    Pic's are welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

26 inch striper caught off the beaches of SeaIsle Saturday. 2 hours into the Low Tide. Caught on Clam.

Philadelphia and the compound Cape May county, NJ

Tried CM beaches Sat night, one short 18" on a plug. New gear worked great. The new breathable, integrated boot-foot waders from LL bean are exceptional. Walked two miles along beaches, while casting, without even knowing I had waders on. The new plugs swam beautifully.
    "Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; ... especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off--then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can."
    Herman Melville

"Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
    Heywood Broun"

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

tried ww crest saturday afternoon... nothing... lots of seaweed... moved out front in cm... some bumps but nothing... threw clams at them and when wind shifted lil swimming shad... good to be down... trying again this weekend

fish raritan bay 7am- 11am , alot shorts ,and saw one keeper 30" when I was leaving no more clams.nw wind & water very dirty. will try again tommrow.

With the recent storm, take a garbage bag with you this weekend and walk a couple hundred yards by your fishing hole and pick up some trash. Seemed like there was a lot of plastic bags, ballons, cans, bottles washed up that will harm our waterways. Thanks for the help.

Parked by the beach in southern Monmouth yesterday to eat lunch and noticed terns and herring gulls going crazy in wash. Even looking with binoculars for 15mins. couldn't see what kind of bait or predator(s) were involved. Action lasted over an hour then died. Nobody with a rod showed up.
    TomM
    21' Reg
    23' Reg

I was wondering how much of a difference it makes when I use the frozen clams in a brine solution they sell at most bait shops. Are fresh clams better for striper fishing.

Default old

old stinky clams are the best !!!
    salted rule !!!
    there are some guy's that are hooked on fresh only !!
    oh well there lose.
    if some one gets there fisrt bass on fresh then there the best
    if you get your first on salted there the best.
    just don't tell the fish !!!
    as of now they don't care.
    for creiest sake those dumb bas$%#ds EAT WOOD

Had the day off yesterday so took a ride to I.B.S.P. Got on the beach at 6:30, Went right to the inlet,2 1/2hrs before high tide,olny had about 20ft. of beach to drive on and jetty was almost all the way under water! Water was very rough w/alot of weeds. Fished both high low n fishfinder w/clams,8oz. nadda. Moved to #22 at hightide(did'nt try to go any further,beach looked too narrow,although a ranger did come by me from north end and said beach was very narrow) same results. There were alot of birds out over the water but it looked like they were just picking up the bottom churnings off the top of the water. It did look like some nice holes and cuts formed for when the water does drop. Should be alot better this weekend!
    Bluesfish

Is it still spot burning if you do'nt catch any fish? If so..... sorry about the previous post.

Bluesfish

Thats not spot burning.
    You pretty much have to have a beach pass to get to those spots and if you have a beach pass, you know those spots.
    Make sense?
    "We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

"Good thing for them you are here as the voice of reason." - Hardtop

Got out today in the back of OC for about an hour or so - beginning of out going. One short in the 22" range on a 3/8 bucktail tipped with a gulp minnow. Fish was nice and healthy. Then I headed up to Brigantine, picked up a permit and drove the beach. Fished about an hour and a half - no fish, but met a couple of barners. Nice day except for the wind in my face at the north end. Hope to get down again one night this week.
    "It's nights like this that make you happy that your a surfcaster, for as the rest of the world sleeps, God has given you a front-row seat to the best show on earth." - Leo N. Orsi Jr.

took the old 50 cent tour or should i say the 5$ tour of IBSP,got about half way down or so ,came upon a little clam wash,pick up a couple of monsters 2 hours later had 3 fish and but a smile on my face,fish were 24 to about 28" never measured any,although i did measure one of those clams 8 inches side to side,made it to my back river local about 6pm and the monster perch bite was on,kept a bunch of them tasty delights also had a couple of baby stripers in the 10inch range glad to see my local river produced bass last year later

Default IBSP Report 4/21

Fished IBSP today w/ Slimedog, Sheet and Bunkerfinger. MrMeinPA showed up in the afternoon. Surf was rough, 8 oz. to hold till the tide changed at 11:30. Wind West @5 mph changed to East @5 mph about the same time. Beautiful, warm, sunny day. I had one bump on clams and we saw one short caught just north of us. Beach was very soft and you could see where the nightime high tide was up to the dunes for most of the beach. Calmed down for the daytime high tide, to just about normal. LOTS of real good looking water, plenty of holes in the outer bar and lots of spots with rip tides crashing together. It all looked really fishy, just no fish today. Paul at Grumpy's B&T said he had 3 fish weighed in as of 3 pm.

Bunkerfinger trying to find some fish.

Quite a few people on the beach today, some fisherman and some googans!

That is all.......

“Any government is evil if it carries within it the tendency to deteriorate into tyranny. The danger … is more acute in a country in which the government has authority not only over the armed forces but also over every channel of education and information as well as over the existence of every single citizen.” - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in