Power trim drifting down
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power trim drifting down

Default Power trim drifting down

I noticed yesterday after I get on plane and trim up that my motor is drifting down while I’m running. When the boat is on the trailer and the motor is down by not all the way it stays put. Checked fluid and it’s full and checked manual release valve and it is right. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

If the fluid level is full and it's sagging most likely the valve body in the hydraulic pump is passing. What kind of engine do u have ???

Quote Originally Posted by Creek Duck View Post
    If the fluid level is full and it's sagging most likely the valve body in the hydraulic pump is passing. What kind of engine do u have ???
    2014 Evinrude E-tec 115 hp

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I did get some info from Etecowners group site. It is possible that the switch on the motor is getting wet while running and shorting out. I have some trouble shooting to do.

See if it does this while you are on land, leave it up, does it drift down. If so likely the bypass valve orings are leaking by, this is not a guarantee as the weight might not be enough but when under plane the extra pressure it. I am not sure about the switch being wet as I would think it would be pretty quick and then keep running the pump.

Check the switch on the motor for corrosion, does you gauge indicate when trim changes, does it show it while running and it is drifiting? Disconnect the hqarness from the motor switch and see if that corrects it, if it does, clean the teminals and seal with die electric grease

Also check around your actuator for any fluid leaking.

"
    DONALD J. TRUMP - YOUR PRESIDENT"

DEMOCRATS = THE PARTY OF:

FUGITIVE SLAVE ACTS
    KKK
    LYNCHING
    JIM CROW LAWS
    POLL TAXES
    KLAN BAKE
    SEGREGATION

Just in case you ever need to understand who the real racists (democrats) are

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in