Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F56EC54D-2594-4B6B-B3A0-A9BDD76CC7CC.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	442667

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I probably set mine 40ft apart to start. After 2-3 runs through they're all over the place. Some can be 10 ft apart depending on the wind and how much trouble the kids are having emptying crabs and getting them back out.

I'm generally in 3-6ft of water

When the plant was running sometimes we'd crab in 96-98 degree water. Crabbing was still good but the chicken didn't last long. It cooked in the water
    Retainer likes this.

Looks like you folks could use a lesson in picking crabs as well. Lot of meat wasted there in that pile.
    " The longer they're on, the bigger that hole is getting." The Legend

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Seeker View Post
    Looks like you folks could use a lesson in picking crabs as well. Lot of meat wasted there in that pile.
    Nothing constructive to add about my catch questions? You examine the mess instead?

Much like fishing, I do better on a moving tide, BUT not a strong current...I try to get off to the sides then...In time you will have grass etc on your lines and they'll be pulled under in strong current..As far as spacing, tide usually or catch determines distance...Whatever is 'convenient' usually works for me...Picking up/dropping without any hassle...I have 30+ topless and 42 new 20" rings....667 covers that area...
    Retainer likes this.
    "My children, you have come to me my people. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me, my people?"....Obama, Nov 7, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo Rising View Post
    I have great success in warm water. I have found at times crabbing through dead low had really paid off and have also done well at high. I know you cant get back there but if you go north in the creek on the other side of Steve’s it can be very lucrative. One of my go to spots is near the power plant working the flats near green buoy #5. I know moons play a part but not sure how that works. I normally look for commercial pots #667 and work in those areas.
    I’ll check out the 667 floats. I think the moon has to do with the shed.

Well, I don’t crab that way so there isn’t anything I could offer you there. However I do love to pick crabs, so there is something I can offer you there. I like to clean the crabs live, and slow simmer them in whatever I’m cooking them in. Joey Z’s video of his method of doing so is easily found here on the Barn, and easily done. Then when it’s time for picking there’s no work involved. You just pick, and pick, and pick! Not much better than picking crabs with the family! The more you pick, the better you get at it. Happy crabbing!
    on the hook likes this.
    " The longer they're on, the bigger that hole is getting." The Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Seeker View Post
    Well, I don’t crab that way so there isn’t anything I could offer you there. However I do love to pick crabs, so there is something I can offer you there. I like to clean the crabs live, and slow simmer them in whatever I’m cooking them in. Joey Z’s video of his method of doing so is easily found here on the Barn, and easily done. Then when it’s time for picking there’s no work involved. You just pick, and pick, and pick! Not much better than picking crabs with the family! The more you pick, the better you get at it. Happy crabbing!
    I’m familiar with the process of cleaning live, but I could not convince my wife to clean them first.

Turns out 667 pots originate from my marina, and I saw him going out late this afternoon looking like Deadliest Catch with the pots all stacked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Retainer View Post
    Turns out 667 pots originate from my marina, and I saw him going out late this afternoon looking like Deadliest Catch with the pots all stacked up.
    Ron (667) is an awesome crabber he can find crabs in an empty bucket
    Just a jerk on one end of the line, waiting for a jerk on the other end

cooking crabs dirty is like wasting good cold beer.
    U / W HUNTER likes this.

Full moon is probably bring on a shed and they usually don't bite well during shed
    Retainer likes this.
    BUCKTAIL WILLIE. Certified fishologist and master tagger of FISH A FISH IS TOO VALUABLE TO CATCH JUST ONCE ---- MEMBER OF RFA, ,AMERICAL LITTORAL SOCIETY, , IGFA,,Stripers Forever ,STRATHMERE FISHING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CLUB ,. INDIANA recipent of Sagamore of the Wabash
    ""a skillful angler must be full of humble thoughts""" NEW MEMBER of Ancient Mariners

I miss those dirty verse clean first.
    I like the mustard when they are heavy and full with yellow bottoms
    on the hook likes this.
    Legal Reform
    Reduce the numbers of Lawyers in Public Office

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

Mrs and I were eating some really nice crabs at Old Mill crab house Saturday night. Yes, they were cooked dirty and picked clean.

I cook them live in water with some old bay, clean them, coat them with old bay and put them in fridge. Eat them cold with melted butter/old bay for dipping

I've done every way, that's our favorite

Just got done an hour or so of claws

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in