BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I can't really tell, but it definately doesn't look like 1100 lbs. I was expecting to see a monster when I opened the slide show.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
1100 maybe if it was ona stringer with 5 more of them.. Thats about 300 maybe a little more!! no 1100 there

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
OOOOOOPPPPPS wrong flavor !!!!!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would bet it's a Great White, based on the anatomy scetch in the last slide.
1100 lbs. though?
300 seems a little light, I would put it close to 700.
I think their scale may be the guy in the jacket. He lifted the tail and made an estimate. :)

To say the type of fish is unknown is curious though. I think they said that because of the fish being on the endangered or no catch list. Not sure how that works around the world though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I dont know what this kind of fish or shark this is, however I like how it says they dont know either but it was cut up and sold. Makes me wonder sometimes what kind of fish you really get when you go out and buy it. I am just glad to be able to catch my own.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
sportfishingusa said:
1100 maybe if it was ona stringer with 5 more of them.. Thats about 300 maybe a little more!! no 1100 there

??? It might not be 1100 - but 300?? much bigger than 300

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
fatboy said:
Picker what do we have here?? A longfin Mako maybe??
YEP 500# is my guess

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
don't make me do math last year i called 8-8 for the turds :D

i almost nailed it:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
623 lbs, give or take a few pounds.:D

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
that fish is in the 800lb range.. its not a white.. looks to me to be a long fin mako like was stated.. remeber the guts are out of that fish already.. the guy is cutting it up

·
Registered
39 Posts
The teeth look too snaggley to be a white IMO. Looks like a longfin mako. It's not a salmon shark. They're only native to the north pacific to be the best of my knowledge. I'm betting on mako...especially in the warm waters of the Med. Sea. Plus we all know there's plenty of bluefin over there for them to eat...at least plenty at the moment

1 - 20 of 23 Posts