BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to kick off 2010 trying for some picks through the icy waters. Drove around looking for open water but it wasn't to be. So i came back home and figured a spot where the sun hit it all morning, we may have a chance. Sure enough, went there and found enough water to wet the lines and it paid off big time. We went 4 for 5 on real nice pickeral for jersey standards. Using suspending jerk baits worked as slow as possible without dragging bottom. Fish hit hard and came alive real fast when they felt those hooks. A great start to the 2010 season. :cool:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think that pickerel are the most under rated gamefish. They bite all year round, take a wider variety of lures and baits than most fish, viciously strike on the surface and will leap completely out of the water.

Grabbing them by the lip, however, does get a little testy!

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
your killing me slowly man nice day fishing anytime:thumbsup::thumbsup: now i got to get out there in the morning:huh:
Thanks bassman, good luck and enjoy the weather!

Nice steve way to break the ice and get out there.:thumbsup: Nice picks
Thanks stripe.

Maybe Lake Fred will be open on Monday. You Game?
Yea, i'm game aj. Depends on how good sunday night is... :D

Way to bang 'em Steve-O!
Thanks yakker.

Thats the way to do it. While everyone is home on the computer, you are out there slammin. Keep up the good work.
Thanks r and w. :cool:

I think that pickerel are the most under rated gamefish. They bite all year round, take a wider variety of lures and baits than most fish, viciously strike on the surface and will leap completely out of the water.

I agree root, they are my favorite to catch in the sweetwater. :cool:

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
NIce pickerel, thought you were headed down the shore for some duckin'?

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
I'm starting to see Ice going in channel hope to be launching my boat Sat maybe I'll get lucky. Great picks nice size the lake I live on are producing about half that size and few and far between mostly LMB's but just getting the boat out will be good enough for me:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts

Yeah but that's how a real man would do it just go in there and grab it :D

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm starting to see Ice going in channel hope to be launching my boat Sat maybe I'll get lucky. Great picks nice size the lake I live on are producing about half that size and few and far between mostly LMB's but just getting the boat out will be good enough for me:thumbsup:
Nice, good luck this weekend. :cool:

Yeah but that's how a real man would do it just go in there and grab it :D
I dare ya... :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.