BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried to fish rainbow with hooligan this mourning and it was froze over, we headed over to a private lake near me instead that was open. The bite was tough. We saw a few bass, and I'm pretty sure i missed the hook set on a lunker, butttt, no bass. Couple perch, a nice three pound pickeral, and one other pickeral. Everything was reallll finicky today... hopefully tomorrows better.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
:D Something is better than nothing. Nice job guys.:thumbsup: Winter League tourney tommorrrow on South Vineland Park held by South Jersey Reel Burners. 7AM-1PM.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Got out for first time this year on the 5th throwing 2" twister tails on small jig. Very windy and cold but was on fish within a couple of cast. Only held up to the cold for an hour but managed 3 nice picks in the 20 inch range and a nice fat yellow perch. Went again yesterday, breezy but warm, around 2:30 in the afternoon and fished for for about a half hour before I got a hit , Nice yellow perch, moved around looking for fish and picked up a small bass and 2 picks. Finally found found where the perch were and in the next hour landed a couple dozen big fat ones( all released) , almost a fish on every cast. Great fun on ultra lite tackle. Left around 4:30 with the fish still biting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts