BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I had my last guy bail on me the other day and I want to get this last spot filled quickly. We will mostly be targeting yellowfins (jigging/popping) but will probably spend a day fishing for cubera/roosters and probably troll a half day/one day for marlin/bigger yellowfin. We have 2 boats booked, I have 1 spot left on my boat. We will be fishing 5 days April 30-May 4 at PSFL. The trip will run $2400 plus air and tip. I did the trip same time last year and it was nothing short of amazing. Great crew of guys and the lodge is absolutely fantastic. Great boats and great people. Please email me at [email protected] for details.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Seems like it always happens! Good luck down there and filling the spot. Panama and PSFL is a great place for hardcore Tuna, Cubera, Snowy Groupers and more.

Say hi to John and Capts Macho/Sergio for me!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Seems like it def happens every time. Will say hello to the gang down there, they are some great people.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks kil! I spoke with John and Scott they should have a great time down there. I am going to come by the shop and grab a few things next week. Let's get down to NC soon! I have been in blackfish mode like crazy lately. Been doing a lot down south, it has been very good. I have trip this week you may be interested in, give me a call!

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Thanks kil! I spoke with John and Scott they should have a great time down there. I am going to come by the shop and grab a few things next week. Let's get down to NC soon! I have been in blackfish mode like crazy lately. Been doing a lot down south, it has been very good. I have trip this week you may be interested in, give me a call!
If you go blackfishing in the future, let me know. I am addicted tog fisherman. :)
NC bluefin has been hot and cold. One boat landed 6 bluefin on troll yesterday, but it seems no boat landed bluefin on jigs.
I am going to fish bluefin NC on Wed and Thurs. If bites become consistent, I let you know.

--------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I snapped a 4/0 gami clean at the shank on a fish on Thursday, needless to say I'm going back down this week.

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Is this spot still open?

What are fly in / fly out dates?

What resort?

Are you fishing Hannibal or the other side?

Tight Lines,

Frank

Hey guys, I had my last guy bail on me the other day and I want to get this last spot filled quickly. We will mostly be targeting yellowfins (jigging/popping) but will probably spend a day fishing for cubera/roosters and probably troll a half day/one day for marlin/bigger yellowfin. We have 2 boats booked, I have 1 spot left on my boat. We will be fishing 5 days April 30-May 4 at PSFL. The trip will run $2400 plus air and tip. I did the trip same time last year and it was nothing short of amazing. Great crew of guys and the lodge is absolutely fantastic. Great boats and great people. Please email me at [email protected] for details.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I snapped a 4/0 gami clean at the shank on a fish on Thursday, needless to say I'm going back down this week.
If the fish are anything like last year, don't be afraid to fish the big ones.

I fished a 11/0 Gammy (#00421) last season and the VMC 13/0 (#7253) with excellent results. No breakage no rolled points....

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Is this spot still open?

What are fly in / fly out dates?

What resort?

Are you fishing Hannibal or the other side?

Tight Lines,

Frank
Frank,
If you never fished Panama and have time, don't hesitate.
$2,400 for 5 full days fishing is a bargain.
There are more luxurious lodges in Panama, but no lodges have better Capt and better boats than PSFL. All tackle are first class. They even have Black Hole Cape Cod Special jigging and popping rods. :)
You are going to fish Hannibal bank and Montousa which is one of the best fishing areas in North/Central America, if not the best.

Also, you will like chartermaster Gtrpunk23. He is an avid fisherman himself and very nice person.

Panama Fishing

------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Frank,
As Kil mentioned the trip is great! We will be fishing Hannibal or Montusa depending on the bite, the boats are quick so the ride to either grounds is nice and easy. I have someone very interested in the trip now but I can go over the details with you any time. If you want to reach me via emial I'll get you my phone number. We fly out of Newark Saturday evening April 28, head to the lodge on Sunday, fish Monday-Friday, head back to Panama City on Saturday and then we fly back home on Sunday May 6 at 10am. The last one to book flights last week paid around 550 with taxes and fees included, both flights are direct on Continental.

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Panama has been on my short list for way too long; have been dreaming of Hannibal for a long time. I appreciate the intel Kil and Gt. Will you be planning another Panama trip later in the year? If not, count me in for March/April '13. Catch em up!

PS here is my Panama dream list :):)

* > 100# yellowfin on spin.
* > 300# black marlin on 50# standup, live baiting bullet bonito
* > 40# cubera off the rocks on popper
* > 30# rooster in the surfline trolling live mullet
* < 110# blonde who loves fishing and has a condo in Panama City that I can visit often ;)

Tight Lines,

Frank

Frank,
As Kil mentioned the trip is great! We will be fishing Hannibal or Montusa depending on the bite, the boats are quick so the ride to either grounds is nice and easy. I have someone very interested in the trip now but I can go over the details with you any time. If you want to reach me via emial I'll get you my phone number. We fly out of Newark Saturday evening April 28, head to the lodge on Sunday, fish Monday-Friday, head back to Panama City on Saturday and then we fly back home on Sunday May 6 at 10am. The last one to book flights last week paid around 550 with taxes and fees included, both flights are direct on Continental.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Panama has been on my short list for way too long; have been dreaming of Hannibal for a long time. I appreciate the intel Kil and Gt. Will you be planning another Panama trip later in the year? If not, count me in for March/April '13. Catch em up!

PS here is my Panama dream list :):)

* > 100# yellowfin on spin.
* > 300# black marlin on 50# standup, live baiting bullet bonito
* > 40# cubera off the rocks on popper
* > 30# rooster in the surfline trolling live mullet
* < 110# blonde who loves fishing and has a condo in Panama City that I can visit often ;)

Tight Lines,

Frank
This post is relevant to my interests.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Frank,
I think that everything on your wish list is pretty attainable without tooo much difficutly down there. Late April/May is probably a really good time to go and get a few of them scratched off. The bigger yellowfins move in at that time and you will have your best shot at the 100lb fish on a plug, I think this one should almost definitely be doable. Any time you are trolling down there you have a legit shot at a black marlin, this is probably my main goal for the trip since last year I couldn't turn away from the topwater bite. Last year we had several fish grab bonitas trolling around the rocks while casting but we only landed one of them and it was a cubera est 40-50 pounds, released to catch again this year! The roosters I can't speak much on and the blonde, I guess that one is one you :D Unfortunately I will probably only get down there once this year since I'd like to get a surf trip in and maybe a jungle fishing trip. But if business is good, you never know. This trip is probably going to be one trip that will stay in my annual calendar for many years to come. If this other guy doesn't commit to the spot in the next few days I'd definitely say hop on with us. We have a very easy going group going down and I think many of our goals for the trip are the same. Shoot me an emial so I have your contact for the future, [email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts