BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and PennyYaker did a morning assault on the South Jersey Inter Coastal Waterway. On the water by 6:00AM with the sky full of stars and the water as calm as a lake. Paddled along my favorite sod banks dragging a black bomber listening for the signs of feeding stripers. After searching for an hour without even a sign of life, and the sun peeking over the horizan, I stopped to change to a crystal minow. As I selected my new weapon my motionless black bomber was assaulted by a hungry bass. The thumping of my rod raised my excitement as I dropped the crystal minow and set the hook. After a short run and several dances around the yak I was able to lip a nice fat 36 incher. This fish appeared to be fresh from the ocean with a shinny silver tint and none of the red marks that have been found on our back water stripers this summer. He was released to give another pleasure. We only hooked one other short in the ICW and moved to the front for a shot. One hour out front only produced a few snapper blues for our efforts. Beautiful day, Good company, and a nice striper. What else can you ask for.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Donna Marie,
You know that the only reason I was able to catch that fish was because you did everything but put the fish on my line. Has the fall run started for you yet? Give me a call at work if you get a chance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts