BASS BARN banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going up to the 1000 Islands area in June. Has anyone ever fished that area? St Lawrence is supposed to be great for small/large, pike, musky. Lake Ontario looks great for salmon. Might do a guided 4 hr trip. Would you go St Lawrence or Ontario? Any lakes nearby that's worth a try? Thx

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I was up there a few years ago on the Canadian side, world record musky caught there. I don't know if the record still stands though. Buddy of mine chartered on Lake Ontario from NY and caught nice lake trout. When the opportunity arises I will return to the St Lawrence, 1000 Islands and rent a house boat.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Used to go every year with my dad. We rented a cottage or stayed at the TI inn. I know they have new owners now at the TI . We always did well. You may be a little late for musky. Lots of charters use shiners we used lures and did very good. Be prepared to fish deep with the zebra muscles. The water is crystal clear. We did buy the Canadian license and did seem to do better on the Canadian side. If your taking the family go to heart castle. The boat museum in Clayton is cool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts