BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. Barners, I finally made the 10 lb. club. Got a 10lb. 2 oz. Fluke off my DOCK Saturday. Out going tide at about 4;30. Throwing a 1/4 oz. red/white jig head with a white curly tail. At first I thought I was snaged, but then the "Skate" turned out to be this beautiful 10lb.+ 30" fluke. Not bad for 8lb. test and a jig with a # 1 hook. Played with the fish for over 10 minutes.

Just goes to show you, all those years of going to the bays and oceans all over Jersey & numerous other states, and the big one was living right at my dock!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thats awesome Fluke...I got 2 today in the 5 lb. range...I thought they were big...Nice going...Bet it feels good hu....Pazman

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Flukezilla!!! Congrats!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
That is one nice fluke. :eek:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
What a great post! Congratulations! :cool:

I can only hope, some day-----!!!

I am very happy for you.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Congrats Nobby. I'll be looking for her sister later this month. LOL

·
Registered
489 Posts
Congrats a Beauty!!

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
WoooHooo...Thats a beauty!!!
Congrats...Nice to see a local guy catch the big one,instead of a weekend boat rental guy....lol :D :D

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Real nice fish, just goes to show you don't have to go too far to catch fish, especially fluke. I am looking to get a fluke like that in the Delaware bay. I am just wondering if you have caught fluke at your dock before? It is always nice to have your own spot fishing. :D I always like fishing for those fluke on the ebb tide.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Esox1, had the net near, but iI should have had a BIGGER net!!!!!

Captblock, I am lucky to catch all kinds of fish off the dock. My place is located on South Channel in Avalon Manor and there is 12 to 20 foot of water located there. I am 1/2 mile from the T.I. bridge so alot of fish pass by my dock. The problem is catching them.Sometimes I get lucky.... :D :D

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Can't believe it's your 1st ever 10 lber Nob :cool:

Would that be considered an Avalon fluke or a Middle Twp. catch :confused: ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts