BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broke SRI inlet at 5:45 to calm seas w/ a mild swell. Couldn't stay out very long due to my dog being in bad shape so we had to call it at 11. Ray Charles could of found the fish this mornin, great surface action. I had a shad just laying in the water when I went to net a fish and a bass took it. Fish following shads to the boat and 1-5+ fish following hooked fish. Should of took a pic of fish finder, easily 50 bass under boat for half an hour.
Limit in about 10 mins on shads then catch and release for a another hour or 2. Bite slowed down as usual fishing close to the inlet, If I had time I would of ran up to where it's been on fire all week. W/ the weather coming in looks like my next trip will be a charter w/ Absecon Dave on Tuesday.

We ended up w/ 5 overs and probably 10+ slot size that got released after our 1st 3 fish which were keepers. 45" was biggest and probably a 34" average for the slot fish. All fish on tsunami shads in 6" and 11". I had a pack of cows following my jigging spoon to boat but they stayed a foot or so away and didn't bite.
Bass are really making up for the not so great flounder/inshore tuna season this year.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Striper / Back Bay Report 11/10: Hit the OC area bridge pilings during incoming tide and managed a keeper sea bass and Tog along with quite a few throw backs all on green crabs. Once the tide switched over, I headed over to the Sod ledges to drift live eels and napped a 32" and 35" inch bass about 2 hours after high tide. Water temp was 58.
Water Vertebrate Baseball cap Fish Cap

Water Boat Cap Lake Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Water Sky Vertebrate Fin Lake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts