BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Day-Kept 3 slots,1 over 34 and 2 blues, released 5 more and missed a few. Took us awhile to find them as yesterdays SPOT supplied by Fin Advisor had nothing but a-holes doing their rip busting. Went to another area with 2 other boats nearby and the bite was on. Had a few new to bucktail rippin and missed a bunch till they got the hang of it.

Have to thank a REEDS Beach Boat for steaming thru the rip,cutting inside my boat Rather than going around us to set up. Almost makes me want to chunk again.

Saw Free Spirit doing a Number on the fish as well as talked to Capt Lew who called us over cause he "had fish every drift" only for it to shut down when we showed up-only busting chops Lew thanks for the call.

Sea Devil hope you got em.

Will be out tomorrow.

BTW-equal # fish caught eels V bucktailing

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Thanks for the report Tommy. Need to start bringing some 4 oz. sinkers for the rip busters :rolleyes: Show off that arm strength

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Tommy- I have the "crew" from our kitchen. Gonna be a mate tomorrow. LOL

Figure these guys would make out better in the rips than the bay. (Although I might just bring a few fresh- JUST IN CASE!!!)

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
Way to get on the meat Spooled! Partnership..what's this "may" stuff you know you will bring some fresh...limit on rats in the rips in an hr. and you'll be heading up the bay for some large!

·
Registered
12,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
G man you done for the year?

May bring some Frozen popsicles if time warrants it. I think chunkin is easier for novices-set the hook for em and let them reel(unless circle jerking) don't have to move much.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Hey Tom, sorry the bite was over when you got there. Didn't know you were out or I would of called you sooner. :eek: :D ;)

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by Mike Grabbe:
Thanks for the report Tommy. Need to start bringing some 4 oz. sinkers for the rip busters :rolleyes: Show off that arm strength
Man that's a good idea...I usually just wing my bucktail at their window...but that can get kind of expensive :D

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
Spooled, haven't been out since the Utsch's, been spending my free time, well among other things ;) on a different challenge, trophy buck! No luck w/ the bow but saw some bruisers & rifle season is coming up. Got all spring to play w/ the carp, gotta hunt while I can! Really want to get a tog trip in..we'll see if i get the time. Glad to see you guys are having a great fall! you're definitely right about rippin vs. chunkin, but if your after large, now's not the time for the rips. We gotta get out at night this spring!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.