BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what kind of season they had in Montauk & particularly Nantucket this fall? I used to go Nantucket every fall for the last 2 weeks of Sept thru the 1st week of Oct. throughout the 80's & 90's & had the best fishing from the beach I've ever experienced--all lures, & no bait- ever. Nantucket made all other fishing "meccas" (Hatteras-where I lived while in the service & Montauk included) pale in comparison.
But I heard this fall wasn't a good one, for bass or blues; anyone get up there or hear of anything? The fellas I knew at the local shops have since departed so I'm not sure if I trust the reports from those anymore.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I went up to Montauk for 3 days - we caught a few, but was all on eels. The traditional blitz bite was not nearly what it normally one generally expects. Several friends had their boats up there for the season and reported much the same throughout the fall. I believe there was a late flurry of action, but overall it was an off year for Montauk.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
We did well in late September this year On Rhe lady grace charter boat

·
Registered
206 Posts
I went up to Montauk for 3 days - we caught a few, but was all on eels. The traditional blitz bite was not nearly what it normally one generally expects. Several friends had their boats up there for the season and reported much the same throughout the fall. I believe there was a late flurry of action, but overall it was an off year for Montauk.
I fished MTK for several weeks straight and thought it was off the hook. We'd limit out on bass to 45" in and hour(4 guys) and then chase or troll fat alberts. It was no problem cathching and releasing dozens of albies in one tide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts