BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANNOUNCING THE 11TH ANNUAL BERKELEY STRIPER CLUB SPRING TOURNAMENT – MAY 30th to JUNE 7th.

For those familiar with the tournament, new this year the tournament will be run on a catch and release format.

New this year also will be a boat/kayak division. Of course, we will still have our surf/shore division and anglers may enter both divisions.

Unchanged from years past will be the great selection of prizes. We will have prizes for 1st through 10th for surf/shore and 1st through 10th for the boat division. We have prizes from CTS (RH Custom Rods), Van Staal, Pelican Products, Stormr, Tica, Fin Nor, Tony Maja, Century, Seeker, Grumpy’s B&T, Minn Kota, Lamiglas and many, many more.

We will also have a grand prize drawing of a CTS Vapor trail 11’ rod and Van Staal 250. Anyone who enters the tournament is eligible to win this prize. You do not even have to submit a fish.

As always, there will be tons of great door prizes at the awards ceremony.

Funds raised from this tournament go to our fisheries defense fund. From this fund we have been able to assist organizations fighting for the future of our fisheries.

As of now, we have the rules and application posted on our facebook page (http://tinyurl.com/BSC-CatchAndRelease) and the Berkeley Striper Club website (www.berkeleystriperclub.org/SpringTourney.shtml). As the date gets closer, we’ll post more information, including a “Frequently Asked Questions” section, “how to” guide for photographing your entry, and sample pictures of how to enter a fish.

“Like” the Berkeley Striper Club Catch & Release Tournament Facebook Page to be notified of updates.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HOW TO ENTER: Entry to this is simple. Entry is on a per person basis (not per boat). Print and fill out the form below and send it along with a check to BSC, PO Box 9, Seaside Park, NJ 08752. Early entry fees are $20 per category (Surf/shore or boat/kayak). After May 7th, they go up to $25 per category. Mailed in entries must be postmarked by May 7th for the discount.

We have a grand prize of a Van Staal 250 and a CTS 11 ft Vapor Trail rod from RH Custom Rods, valued at $1200. You do not need to catch a fish to win this prize, but you do have to be in the tournament. We also have great prizes for 1st through 10th place in each division, totaling over $7500. We also have door prizes for the awards ceremony on the Sunday following the tournament. On previous years, everyone went home with a door prize.

Please make sure you read the waiver and rules (available on the FB page) thoroughly before signing the application.

You can keep up to date with the tournament or ask any questions at our Facebook page (Search "Berkeley Striper Club Catch & Release Tournament" on Facebook or use the Tiny URL link in the flier from the previous post)

Thanks

Text Font Document

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We currently have our tournament fliers in the following tackle shops (listed north to south) for those who prefer to pick up a paper copy, or who do not have access to a printer. Just pick up the flier at the fine shops listed below, remove the application from the center of the flier and mail it in to Berkeley Striper Club, PO Box 9, Seaside Park, NJ 08752.

• Fred's Bait & Tackle, South Amboy
  • The Tackle Box, Hazlet
  • Julian's Bait & Tackle, Atlantic Highlands
  • Atlantic Bait & Tackle, Middletown
  • The Reel Seat, Brielle
  • Fisherman’s Supply, Point Pleasant Beach
  • Grumpy's Bait & Tackle, Seaside Park
  • Betty & Nicks Bait & Tackle, Seaside Park
  • FishBonz Bait & Tackle, Forked River
  • Lacey Marine, Forked River
  • Creekside Outfitters, Waretown
  • Surf City Bait & Tackle, Surf City
  • Fisherman’s Headquarters, Ship Bottom

The flier also contains a printed copy of the rules, and a list of all prizes for the surf/shore and boat/kayak divisions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BSC Spring Catch & Release Tournament – Frequently Asked Questions

So how does this work? How do I enter, or “weigh in” a fish?

The process is simple. Catch a fish, lay it down next to (not on top of) a ruler, place a card with your unique tournament number written on it next to the fish, and take a picture (just like in the example). Release the fish and send the picture to [email protected].

Unique Tournament Number? Where do I get that?

Your tournament number will be e-mailed to the e-mail address you supplied on your tournament application. It will arrive shortly before the start of the tournament. Note, this is NOT the number on the button you may have received when signing up.

What if I do not have an e-mail address?

Sorry, an e-mail address and a device to take digital pictures are required to participate in this tournament.

If I enter the surf category, will I be competing against the boat category?

No, they are two separate categories with separate prize pools. They can almost be considered two separate tournaments being run concurrently, except that everyone will have a chance at winning the grand prize of a Van Staal 250 and CTS Vapor Trail rod.

Can I enter both categories?

Yes. Your surf caught fish will be counted in the surf category and your boat caught fish will be counted in the boat category. Also, entering both categories gets you two chances at the grand prize.

Where can I fish?

You can fish any NJ waters that are legal to access for fishing. Boats (including kayaks, SUPs, etc) must leave from and return to a NJ port or launch/landing site.

Do I have to attend the awards ceremony?

No, attendance is not mandatory, but we recommend it. As with this tournament in years past, you will be able to choose from a group of prizes, with the winner of each category choosing first. So, for example, if you got first place but really like the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] place prize, you may choose that one instead. We then move on the let 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], 3[SUP]rd[/SUP], 4[SUP]th, [/SUP]etc places pick their prizes. If you are not present and have placed in either of the prize categories, the next prize in the list (sorted by value) will be chosen for you when it comes time to pick your prize.

Additionally, we have lots of door prizes. In years past, everyone who attended the awards presentation walked away with a door prize. We will also have food and drinks for the attendees.

This tournament is a week long. How many days can I fish?

As many or as few days as you want. All entries must be received prior to 12:01 AM Sunday June 8th, 2014. We recommend you send them in as soon as you can, as time of submission breaks any ties.

Fish Fish Pike Striper bass Bony-fish

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One week to go!!!!

For those waiting to sign up: you have up until the start of the tournament, but honestly I wouldn't wait that long. There is some time that is needed to process the application and send out your tournament number via email. If an angler waits until the very last minute to sign up, there will be a delay in getting them their tournament number.

I know some people, myself included, will wait for as long as possible to sign up for a tournament to see what the weather will be like. However, since this is a weeklong tournament, that is not as important. We are likely to have a few different weather conditions during the week.

Also, for those who have already signed up, welcome e-mails have gone out to all registered participants for the tournament. We had several bounce back as undeliverable. If you have signed up for the tournament and did not see an e-mail from [email protected] today, do the following 2 steps:

1) Look in your SPAM folder.
2) If you did not find it there, send an e-mail to [email protected] with your Name. We will be able to pull your correct e-mail from there and update our records.

It is important that we have your correct e-mail so we can get you your tournament number at the start of the tournament. If there are any questions, please ask.

Also, attached is the prize list for the tournament. There are some awesome prize packages. Even 10th place is worth over $175. Our sponsors were very, very good to us. Check them out.

Don't forget about our grand prize, a Van Staal 275 (in silver) and a Custom CTS 11' Vapor Trail rod from RH Custom Rods. You don't have to be present to win this. You don't even have to weigh in a fish for it.

And if that isn't all, we have door prizes for the awards ceremony at the end of the tournament. In previous years, if you attended the awards ceremony, you walked away with something.

Get involved, there is a good chance you could win one of these prize packages. There is still time to enter.

Text Font Document Paper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts