BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not a bad trip but not perfect. Boarding was supposed to start at 11 but didn't start till almost midnight. 50 people were supposed to be the max but they let on 19 more people so almost 70 anglers on board. Boat probably left around 1ish and returned at 4 w/ game wardens just a few mins late to catch a few guys. At least 4 guys I know of should of got tickets. The asian next to me kept roughly 50 fish and put a lock on his cooler. He was the 1st off the boat and obviously took his cooler with him.

More like a 14/15 hour trip then a 18 hour trip... Not everyone had there limit but w/ some guys keeping 25+ fish the boat probably had it's limit. I thought we would try for some porgies or something the last few hours if everyone had there limit.

Catching wasn't on fire but pretty good at times. I had around 20 keeper size fish but only kept 14 bigger ones in case my count was off. Biggest for me was 18"s and pool fish was roughly 4.5lbs. No porgies or trout just bsb, doggies, skates, and 1 nice trigger.

Squid was king and clam bellies a close 2nd, I preferred a jig w/ gulp teaser. I used a slow pitch 250g jig in glow/chart w/ a muskie stick. Squiding didn't work for me, yoyo or a quick few twitch's w/ a drop worked best. Jig bite was way more fun since they smacked it pretty good.

Fished 2 big wrecks on the hook and just moved around on the wreck 4 or 5 times. Mates were good at untangling messes. Fried sea bass, french fry's, and hush puppies tonight for dinner. Looked like the northern boats had some bigger fish and many trout/porgies. Voyager will be the boat I do one of these trips next year.

· Registered
3,020 Posts
my guess the extra 19 were the ones who were trying to go on the second boat that was advertised to try and sail, but they probably fell short of the number for the second boat to sail. i agree jigging is much more fun if you are into jigging bsb. voyager has top notch ratings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts