BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by YoungGun24:
Anyone else counting down? Hopefully we'll get a nice warm up before the end of the month. :D
Matt,
My buddy Ron already called me and is looking at some favorable tides on the 4th and told me he will be out ;)

·
Registered
908 Posts
I've been getting the itch. My season ended in
early Decamber last fall, so it's been a while.
Last spring I didn't go out until April and it
paid off, but I'm not so sure about this year.
We'll have to see how the weather holds up the
next couple of weeks. It is going to warm up
the next several days, but it looks like we may
get another shot of winter before it's all said
and done. My fingers are crossed!

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Yes!!
I think if the weather stays "warm" we will get some fish at the start on the 1st.

[ 02-15-2006, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: barnaby ]

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I am going to spend next week getting my gear ready and will be tieing some rigs.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As long as the weather is ok I'll be out on March 1'st at 12:01am with a pinkie in the water. My season ended early last year so this has been an extremely long winter for me.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Bernie,

I think some of us will get fish on the 1st, not too sure about you. :D

Jeff

[ 02-17-2006, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Longcast ]

·
Registered
912 Posts
I don't know about the first of march but I do feel that in the first week or two I will be out there. But deffinately earlier than last year do to the severe cold last year I waited till near the end of march or early april. But this year I will be out earlier. I will be soaking some bloods.

Brian

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Originally posted by YoungGun24:
As long as the weather is ok I'll be out on March 1'st at 12:01am with a pinkie in the water. My season ended early last year so this has been an extremely long winter for me.
I hear you YoungGun24 , I've been eagerly waiting to see If my bass are in their haunts right now. December freeze up really shut the back down overnight. The night before the freeze I had more fish feeding than I could throw a stick at. Something like 15 bass in 10 minutes on my one locale. I will be out in my kayak to check everything at night out on march 1st if we have this kind of weather. You have to watch out for that southwest though , they can pick up to a gale very fast in the winter.

[ 02-17-2006, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: insomniac ]

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Originally posted by Longcast:
Bernie,

I think some of us will get fish on the 1st, not too sure about you. :D

Jeff
Jeff, I've come along way from that college kid who fished at RBC. :eek:

Bgsdad, don't encourage him. ;)

·
Registered
771 Posts
I don't know Bernie, I hear a lot of talk, but don't see no results
Bruce know the truth

BTW, to me you are still that kid :D :D :D

Jeff

[ 02-18-2006, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Longcast ]

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Originally posted by Longcast:
I don't know Bernie, I hear a lot of talk, but don't see no results
Bruce know the truth

BTW, to me you are still that kid :D :D :D

Jeff
Jeff,
In all seriousness, you helped me out and showed me some spots when I first started out. Thank you, I appreciate that.

I was talking to Andy(Longdrive) at Barnfest and I told him I was going to try to get up there to fish with guys this season.

[ 02-18-2006, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: barnaby ]

·
Registered
771 Posts
Bernie,

Had some good times running the bridges with you, Anthony and Artie. Haven't heard from them in a while.

Seriously, give me a call when you want to come up. Maybe even some Ocean Co. surf plugging.

BTW, I was going to go to barnfest, but had to work my other job.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Jeff,

As I recall the conversation with Bernie, he indicated coming "up north" to fish with us was kind of far. ;)

I had to remind him what "far" really is.

Seriously though, we all do need to get out together. Can't come soon enough for me.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Andy,

7 days to go. This year the winter seemed to fly by. must have been the warm weather and the extended bite off the beaches. Call me if you are going to give it a try on the 1st.

Jeff

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Originally posted by LongDrive:
Jeff,

As I recall the conversation with Bernie, he indicated coming "up north" to fish with us was kind of far. ;)

I had to remind him what "far" really is.

Seriously though, we all do need to get out together. Can't come soon enough for me.
Anything past Avalon is north to me!!

Keep in touch. When they start biting, I will take a trip up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts