BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
13' Whaler Sport w/ Mahoghany C/C 30 hp PICS ADDED

hi guys, i have a 13' Whaler, seems to be either a Sport or a Sourpuss Center console version, hull id is 2a9221 which puts it as a 1972, with a Johnson 30Hp Model, J30RCOA, serial Number E6088202, and it is on a trailer. She has a mahoghany Center console where the forward seat would normally be, remote steering and controls, (note: the throttle cable needs to be replaced, it is definately no good and seized). She is a really good example, with some "whaler cracks" but not by any means a basket case,
i do not have the time to fully restore her, as my Chris Craft Dory is way too time consuming.
Asking $5000 OBO, please... no obscenely low offers, I know it can't hurt to try, but they won't work.
Boat located in Little Egg Harbor, you are welcome to call me and come see.
Email for more pics if you need.
Thanks Rich
973-820-6309
mailto:[email protected]

·
Registered
212 Posts
We sold ours a few years back, same mahogany but an 89'. Great boat, and the wood isnt found in the new ones so they said it had collectors value as well. $5000 is a good deal!

Good luck with the sale

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the good word, I will post some pics tonight. I wish I had the time to redo her back to as new, too many toys,,,,
Thanks again, Rich
the 22' is getting there!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics just added, email if anyone needs more...
Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
949 Posts
I had a 1979 Sport the consol was on the right side It was without the best boat I had ever owned, worth every $ good luck

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you annak, for the good word..

They are great little boats, especially with a console in the middle that you can sit at;
and this one, if someone had some time to strip the mahoghany, and re-varnish it would be super nice. It does not need paint or glass work, the transom is solid, with very,very few "whaler cracks". (I have pics of each one if someone requests.
In my own extreme (read "anal retentive") way, I would fill a couple of the loose side rails screw hole with west system, change the rusty steering cable stanchion to s/s, strip and revarnish the mahoghany, use nice new s/s angle brackets on every hold down, change the shifter cables, wax her, bottom paint, and run it.
The motor is electric start, as she started right up yesterday.
Still looking for a good home...
Rich
973-820-6309

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
come on guys, someone needs one? Make a reasonable offer...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Is that an oem set up? I don't recall seeing any 13 like that before. What year is the motor? I don't have my OMC cross reference handy to map the serial number.

Looks like you have aftermarket side rails as well. Did it ever have OEM rails?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Slipperyeel said:
Is that an oem set up? I don't recall seeing any 13 like that before. What year is the motor? I don't have my OMC cross reference handy to map the serial number.

Looks like you have aftermarket side rails as well. Did it ever have OEM rails?
I ran the model number -
J = Johnson
30 = Horsepower
R = Rope Start (although his appears to have electric start too...)
co = 1985
A = model run or suffix.

Just trying to help.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i would give odds the side rails are aftermarket, well, put together, they are stainless., i would probably removed and inject a little west system before resuring, i think when i went to tighten the screws a few did not... To the best of my knowledge, the console is original, Inside is varnished real nice, outside needs to be done. or else someone spent a lot of time doing it, i can email more pics if you like. i took pics or every little detail / and flaw that I could find.
I JUST DON'T HAVE TIME>...or else i would do her over....
As far as serial Numbers, and year, supposedly low hours, see engine pics, i took them, you are welcome to call me to discuss
Thanks
Capt. Rich
32' Stuart Angler / " Run Off"
97-820-6309

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes it is electric start, i will get pic of serial number if you need to verify prior to coming to see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts